If you love nachos as I do, and want to stay on track with your keto journey then this keto-friendly nachos recipe is for you. It is amazing how creative you can be when going on a keto diet.
This recipe is meant to be for those who love to eat healthy and delicious. You will learn to make a simple tasty guacamole which will be the perfect companion for your nachos.
You can cut the chips into different shapes that you like. To make the chips even crispier and tastier, you can fry it in oil or bacon grease like this photo below (shared by our member Martin Angel Jr.)
If you are planning to enjoy an afternoon with your friends or family, don’t hesitate to make this delicious recipe for them. You can also replace almond flour with coconut flour. This will give a special taste and touch to the gluten-free nachos. So, get all your ingredients together and let’s start cooking.
The macros of this dish per serving make a great filling snack or lunch.
Let’s Do It!
Preheat oven to 350F
Making nacho chips: Combine the ingredients for the chips in one mixing bowl. Knead to consistency. When the dough looks soft enough, press with a rolling pin on a flat surface.
Slice the flattened dough into bit-sized rectangular pieces. Lay a piece of cheddar cheese on top of each cracker. Arrange the pieces on a baking sheet and brown in the oven for approximately 10 minutes. Put in a plate until ready to serve.
Preparing meat topping: Pour oil in a preheated skillet. Sauté the ground beef in the pan together with the minced garlic, bay leaf, and oregano for 10 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Drop the 2 chopped tomatoes into the pan and allow to cook for another 5 minutes before turning off the stove.
Making the guacamole: Mix all the guacamole ingredients in a bowl. Adjust the flavor with some salt.
Spread sour cream and meat on top of the crackers. Serve with the guacamole on the side.
Be sure to save this recipe by pinning this picture to your Pinterest board for later use!
Low Carb Nachos
For The Chips
- 1/2 lb Ground beef
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1 small tomatoes chopped
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1/2 tsp ground pepper
- 2 bay leaves optional
- 1 avocado medium, peeled and chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh cilantro chopped
- 1 small tomato chopped
- 1 tbsp onion chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 F°.
- Mix the almond flour, butter, oregano, cream cheese, oregano, and 1 tsp salt in a bowl. Make sure to mix until the dough looks soft so you can use a rolling pin to flatten the dough.
- Cut small rectangles to form the crackers and place cheddar cheese on each cracker. Place them on a baking sheet and then in the oven for about 10 minutes or until they look brown. Set aside.
- In the meantime, add oil to a preheated skillet and add the garlic clove, bay leaves, ground beef, pepper, and salt. Let it cook for 10 minutes and then add 2 chopped tomatoes. Cook for 5 more minutes and remove from heat.
- For the guacamole, mix the avocado, 1 chopped tomato, cilantro, and onion. Add salt to taste.
- Serve nacho crackers with meat and sour cream on top along with guacamole and enjoy!