Do you know what the expression “English breakfast” means? It means eggs and ham. Do you know what the expression “Spanish breakfast” means? It means tomatoes and ham.
How about “Italian Breakfast?” It means cheese. Now, if you put all of these together, you get a keto breakfast made with eggs, ham, tomatoes and cheese.
Our Air Fryer Breakfast Egg Bites is a great way to cook eggs in the morning if you don’t have a lot of time. The air fryer allows you to set it and forget it, allowing you to go about your morning without standing over an oven.
This egg muffins recipe combines animal nutrients with tomatoes and seasonings for a nutritionally balanced meal. Eggs are a good source of high-quality protein, choline, vitamin B12, phosphorus, and riboflavin. Egg yolks are also a great source of vitamin D, which has been shown to play an important role in the maintenance of COVID-19 (*).
Aside from protein, cheddar cheese and sour cream provide a decent amount of vitamin A and B vitamins. Sour cream also contains beneficial bacteria for your gut, which can help maintain digestive symptoms and boost immunity.
Ham can be a healthy source of nutrients if you go with a high-quality brand that does not contain added sugars, nitrates, excess sodium, and preservatives. Look for an organic source that does not contain antibiotics or hormones.
Jalapenos contain an excellent source of vitamins A, C, and K, as well as folate, and fiber. Hot peppers also contain a pigment called capsaicin, which has been shown to protect against obesity (*).
Lastly, cherry tomatoes contain several vitamins and minerals, including lycopene. Research shows that lycopene may be beneficial for preventing cancer (*).
The best part is that you can make these quickly and add them to cupcake molds for an on-the-go hot breakfast! You can make enough for the family to grab on the way out the door.
Let’s Do It!
Whisk the eggs together with sour cream, Italian seasoning, chili powder, salt and pepper in a bowl.
Divide the ham between muffin cups or ramekins. Add the cherry tomatoes, jalapeno slices, and shredded cheese to each one. Pour the beaten egg mixture over top.
Preheat the air fryer to 300 degrees F.
Air fry the egg bites for 10 minutes. Open the fryer and sprinkle each bite with cheese.
Cook for two to three more minutes or until the cheese is melted and the eggs are set. Serve warm.
More Low-Carb Breakfast Recipes with Eggs You Can Try:
- Bacon Cheese Egg Bites ‘Sandwich’
- Eggs and Asparagus Breakfast Bites
- Arugula Avocado Salmon Egg Rolls
- Breakfast Ham and Egg Cups
Air Fryer Breakfast Egg Bites
- In a bowl, whisk eggs with sour cream, Italian seasoning, chili powder, salt and pepper.
- Divide diced ham between muffin cups or ramekins (we used ½ cup silicone muffin molds). Add cherry tomatoes, jalapeno slices, and shredded Cheddar to each ramekin. Pour beaten eggs on top.
- Preheat your air fryer to 300F.
- Air fry egg bites for 10 minutes. Open the air fryer and sprinkle each bite with shredded Cheddar. Continue to cook for 2-3 more minutes or until the eggs are set and cheese melts.
- Serve with some chopped parsley and enjoy!