If you love Mexican cuisine, this Mexican Chicken Casserole is going to be your favorite. It’s tasty, cheesy and spicy. If you don’t like it too hot, feel free to remove the chili.
This recipe will be a great dinner meal and you can keep the leftover for lunch. You can serve this with some lettuce or a low carb salad if you want to add more greens into your diet. To enhance the flavor, feel free to throw on top some fresh cilantro to garnish.
Feel free to save this recipe by pinning this picture to your Pinterest board for later use!
Mexican Chicken Casserole
- Set the oven to 350°F to preheat.
- Let the chicken boil for a few minutes until tender and cooked. Using your hands or a fork, shred it into fine bits.
- Pour olive oil into a hot frying pan. Sauté the chipotle dried chili, chopped green bell pepper, and onion in the heated olive oil. Wait until the onion softens.
- Toss the shredded chicken into the pan. Cook for 5 minutes together with the cream cheese and tomato pureé. Adjust the flavor with some salt and pepper. Mix with a spatula and turn off the heat.
- Move the chicken mixture into a baking dish. Generously dust with mozzarella cheese on the surface. Garnish with some sliced jalapeno pieces. Bake in the preheated oven for approximately 5 minutes or wait until the cheese on top melts and settles. Enjoy while warm.