Do you like tater tots and nachos? How about combining the Tater Tots + Nachos? They are the delicious Totchos! This is a low carb version of Totchos prepared with a delicious cauliflower base.
You can modify this recipe according to your taste and what you have available in the refrigerator. You can choose different types of cheese, add other sauces keto-friendly, change the meat for chicken or pork, you decide!
There are 2 main steps to prepare this dish:
The first step is to prepare Cauliflower Tater Tots using cauliflower, egg, cheese and almond flour.
The second step is to prepare the buffalo chicken topping using shredded chicken (either breast or thigh), blue cheese, red bell pepper, hot sauce and other spices.
The result will be a flavorful, colorful and incredibly delicious Buffalo Chicken Tater Tot Nachos dish!
Save this recipe by pinning this picture to your Pinterest board for later use!
Buffalo Chicken Totchos with Cauliflower Tater Tots
For Cauliflower Tots
Buffalo Chicken Topping
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup avocado optional
- 2 tbsp Green shallots
- 2 tbsp ranch sauce (homemade optional)
- Before anything else, set your oven to 300°F to preheat.
Making Cauliflower Tater Tots
- Thoroughly wash the cauliflower then drain. Chop the florets into medium chunks on a cutting board. Transfer to a food processor and pulse to produce rice-like crumbs.
- Pour the cauliflower in a mixing bowl. Leave inside the microwave for around 2 minutes. By preference, sauté in a pan if a microwave oven is unavailable.
- Take out from the microwave once done. Stir well with the almond flour, garlic powder, egg, cheese, and coriander. Drizzle with the oil. Check the seasonings and add salt and pepper. Use a fork to mix the ingredients fully.
- Press the dough into circular pieces on a baking sheet. Use a cookie cutter to do this or simply flatten with a spoon if there are no cookie cutters around.
- Leave in the oven for 20 minutes. Remove once the Totchos are golden brown in color.
Making Buffalo Chicken
- Melt 3 tbsp of butter on a separate hot pan. Sauté the garlic and onion for 30 seconds before adding the shredded chicken and chopped red pepper. Spread the hot sauce on top. Cook for another 5 minutes.
- Transfer the browned cauliflower tots in another large pan. Leave for 5 minutes with the blue cheese and chicken. Serve with the garnish.
- Chop some avocados and place it on top of the totchos together with chopped spring onion and sour cream. Coat with ranch sauce on the surface.