These Zucchini Tortillas will take your meal to the next level. We will show you how to make these low carb tortillas from shredded zucchini, cheese and a little bit of coconut flour and egg. These tortillas are packed with oregano, parsley, turmeric and pepper flavor.
It’s a perfect side dish for your keto diet. You can add any type of fillings of your choice such as ground beef, chicken, pork, etc…
Let’s Do It!
First off, wash the vegetables thoroughly. Dry the zucchini before grating it. Make thin strips to make a cup. Squeeze out the liquid and discard.
Transfer the grated zucchini in a bowl with the grated cheese. Flavor with the spices and herbs as well. Add the coconut flour and egg then mix. Continue stirring until the batter is uniform.
Cover a tray with some parchment paper. Transfer the batter onto the tray and make 4 circles. Flatten the batter to resemble a tortilla. Make as big as you like.
Put in the 350 F preheated oven to bake. This may be about 15-20 minutes. You can adjust the time depending on how thick and big your tortilla is.
Transfer to plates and stuff with any filling of your choice.
After you finish making these tortillas, let them cool down and you can store it in a fridge and reheat it in microwave as any other regular tortillas.
These Tex-Mex-Style soft, flexible and chewy tortillas will be a part of your regular keto meal.
Keto Zucchini Tortillas
- Grate your washed zucchini to make slim pieces, enough to fill a cup. Squeeze out the liquid with as much force as possible.
- Put the grated cheese in a bowl. Throw in the zucchini pieces along with the herbs and spices. Crack the egg into the bowl as well, then add the coconut flour.
- Lay a parchment paper on a tray. Mold the batter to make 4 tortillas. Press with your hands to flatten them on the paper.
- Bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes. Baking time depends on the thickness and size of the tortillas. Take note that the oven should be preheated at 350°F.
- Serve in a plate with your favorite filling.