Do you love eating soups? If you do, you’ll love this Keto Chicken Fajita Soup recipe using an Instant Pot.
Soup is important. It contributes to your liquid intake – the liquid base of soup helps to rehydrate. It also pairs vegetables and broths, seeds and juices, nuts and creams.
Soup consumption makes your diet balanced and varied. It serves as an instant source of fuel and helps repair your muscles. A soup is for workaholics – it promotes post workout recovery. With healthy liquids, your body absorbs vitamins and nutrients quicker, and boosts energy and activity.
Soup is always a fun creation. You can add new ingredients even to your traditional recipes. Soup welcomes leafy green vegetables – a storehouse of antioxidants and vitamins – and makes it easier for even the pickiest of eaters to get more greens in their diet.
My Keto Instant Pot Mexican Chicken Fajita Soup contains all of the low-carb vegetables and spices you would find in a traditional fajita recipe, such as bell peppers, tomatoes, chili flakes, garlic, onion, cumin, oregano, paprika, parsley, and more.
Bell peppers are an excellent source of vitamin C, which is a water-soluble vitamin that is not produced in the body, meaning that we need to constantly supply it through dietary means.
Vitamin C helps keep your immune health working properly. It also aids skin and hair health through the production of collagen, as well continuously flushing toxins from the body to reduce the risk of disease and DNA damage.
Bell peppers also contain a good amount of fiber, which – along with the protein in the chicken – helps keep you full and satisfied for hours, reducing your total calorie intake for the day and promoting weight loss.
This Instant Pot Chicken Fajita soup is so good that I doubt you’ll have leftovers, but if you do, the flavor will multiply the next time you eat it. Enjoy!
How to Make Low Carb Chicken Fajita Soup in An Instant Pot
Start by setting your instant pot to “saute” mode. Add the olive oil and allow to warm up.
Then add the onion and peppers. Cook until soft – about 4 or 5 minutes.
Add the tomatoes and broth. Mix well. Add the chicken, put the lid on, and set the valve to ‘sealing.’ Press “pressure cook” and cook for 5 minutes on high. Then do a quick release.
Remove the lid and serve warm, topped with avocado, bacon, cheese, and other low-carb toppings.
Note: you can still make this soup without an instant pot or a slow cooker. All you need is a regular saucepan and cook it a little longer.
More Low-Carb Soup Recipes You Can Try:
- Jalapeno Popper Chicken Soup
- Coconut Chicken Noodle Soup
- Cheesy White Chicken Chili Soup
- Instant Pot Broccoli Cheddar Cheese Soup
Instant Pot Keto Chicken Fajita Soup
- 1 ½ cup shredded chicken cooked
- ½ red bell pepper diced
- ½ green bell pepper diced
- 1 can tomatoes no sugar added
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 ½ tbsp olive oil
- ½ small onion diced
- 1 clove garlic minced
- ½ tsp chili flakes
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- ½ tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp paprika
- ½ tsp dried parsley
- sea salt and black pepper to taste
For serving (optional)
- cilantro freshly chopped
- avocado slices
- ¼ cup sour cream
- lime wedges
- Turn the “saute” mode on your instant pot, add olive oil, and wait until hot. Add onion and chopped peppers. Saute for 4-5 minutes or until soft.
- Stir in minced garlic and all seasonings and cook for 2 more minutes. Turn the “saute” mode off.
- Add tomatoes and broth to the pot and mix well.
- Add chicken, put the lid on, and turn the valve to “sealing.” Press “pressure cook” and cook on high pressure for 5 minutes. When the time is up, do a quick release.
- Take off the lid. Adjust salt and pepper as needed.
- Ladle the soup into bowls and top with the toppings of your choice! Serve and enjoy!