Coconut flour is an incredibly versatile and keto-friendly ingredient, making it possible to make even keto tortillas! As for the filling, you can prepare quesadillas (fill the tortillas with cheese and fry until it has melted), or use any of your favourite taco fillings.
We’re proposing to you a delicious filling of ground beef, avocado, tomatoes and sour cream, but feel free to experiment.
Let’s Ketofy It!
Get all your ingredients ready.
Put the eggs, egg whites, coconut flour, water, flaxseed, baking powder, cayenne pepper and paprika powder in a bowl and mix well.
Fry the tortillas in butter. Try to make them as thin as possible – this is best achieved if you turn around the pan, so that the mix will spread evenly.
For the filling, fry the onion in a little bit of cooking oil. Add the ground beef and crumble it. Fry for about 10 minutes or until cooked.
Add the spices to the beef and fry for another 2 minutes.
Spread the beef evenly in each tortilla and add the tomato, avocado and sour cream. Enjoy!
For a spicier filling, arrange the beef on top of the spinach like the photo below*. Drizzle with hot sauce then top with jalapeños and cheese.
Instead of frying the tortillas in butter, you can use another type of cooking oil. If you don’t want your tortillas to get cold while you’re preparing the filling, you can put them in the oven on low temperature.
If the tortillas mix is too thick, you can add a little bit of water, or if it’s too thin, you can correct that by adding a teaspoon of coconut flour. Flaxseed is optional, but gives the tortillas a nice texture.
Save this recipe by pinning this picture to your Pinterest board for later use!
Keto Tortillas with Ground Beef
For the tortillas:
- Start preparing the tortillas. Combine the tortilla ingredients (except the butter) in a bowl. Fold together until incorporated.
- Melt the butter on a preheated pan then fry the tortillas. Make the tortillas as thin as possible by turning around the pan and spreading the batter evenly.
- Make the filling for the tortillas. Sauté the minced onion in cooking oil then brown the ground beef in the oil as well. Leave for 10 minutes to cook.
- Season the beef with the spices and stir for 2 more minutes for the beef to fully absorb the flavors.
- Fill the tortillas with the beef. Plop in the avocado, tomato, and sour cream in the tortilla as well.
- Serve and enjoy.