Love Mexican cuisine? You’ll love this keto-friendly version of chicken enchiladas.
In the original recipe, tortillas are used to wrap the filling. We use zucchini instead. It turns out tasty and super low carb compared to the original one.
One of the main ingredients in our recipe is chicken meat. It’s easy to cook and high in protein. You can also use beef instead of chicken.
For the fillings, you just can’t ignore cheese! We use both cheddar and mozzarella cheese for this recipe.
For the enchilada sauce, we suggest you make your own keto version of enchilada sauce if possible. Check our keto enchilada sauce recipe here!
Store-bought sauces usually have a few ingredients that aren’t keto-friendly, such as refined sugars, preservatives, and even artificial colors.
We also added garlic and chili peppers for extra flavors. After all, what kind of Mexican cuisine doesn’t have some spicy red pepper? In addition, it’s a great way to get your metabolism to work faster and burn excess calories.
Garlic contains compounds that have antitumor, antimicrobial, and heart-healthy properties. It has also been shown to reduce blood sugar levels (3).
This dish can be an excellent meal for lunch or dinner. You can also impress your friends with your culinary abilities and put it on a festive table.
Don’t forget to check our other keto recipes using zucchini. Bon Appetit!
Let’s Do It!
In a frying pan over medium-high heat, add olive oil. Add onion, garlic, chili flakes, salt, pepper, and precooked shredded chicken in.
Mix well then add 2/3 cup of enchilada sauce. Let simmer for 10 minutes.
In the meantime, slice zucchini into thin slices using a vegetable peeler. This will be your corn tortilla substitute.
Place 4 zucchini slices on it with the edges overlapping on a cutting board. Add 2 tbsp of chicken mixture in and roll it up tightly.
Grease the baking dish with a little bit of oil then place these zucchini rolls in. Repeat the process until all zucchini slices and chicken are used.
Top these rolls with the remaining sauce and shredded cheeses.
Bake for 20 minutes in a preheated 350F oven. Serve with full-fat yogurt or cream cheese and chopped parsley.
Save this recipe by pinning this picture to your Pinterest board for later use!
Keto Zucchini Chicken Enchiladas
Topping for serving (optional)
- full-fat yogurt for serving
- fresh parsley chopped (for serving)
- Heat a tablespoon of olive oil in a frying pan. Add onion and cook until lightly brown. Add minced garlic, chili flakes, salt and pepper, shredded chicken and 2/3 cup of enchilada sauce. Mix well and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Cut zucchini into thin slices using vegetable peeler. Arrange 4 slices on a cutting board with the edges overlapping. Put 2 tablespoons of chicken mixture in, roll up, and transfer to the greased baking dish. Repeat with the remaining zucchini slices and chicken mixture.
- Pour the remaining enchilada sauce over the rolls and top with shredded cheeses.
- Bake at 350 F for 20 minutes. Serve topped with full-fat yogurt and chopped parsley.