Picture this. You’re expecting guests today or maybe you’re planning a party. Even if you’re not expecting anyone, you may just want something special for dinner.
Or maybe you need a new recipe to impress your nearest and dearest. Or, well, maybe you just want chicken.
Chicken is liked by everyone and suitable everywhere. It is ideal for everyday meals and for special occasions. It is for children and grownups. It’s also very nutritious.
It’s high in protein, low in fat and calories, and contains some vitamins and minerals, which are all needed to maintain muscle mass and preserve a healthy metabolism.
But most often people cannot distinctly explain why they like chicken. If you like chicken, you will love this Instant Pot Ginger Chicken Drumsticks recipe! We’ve made many keto chicken drumstick recipes before but today’s recipe is very different.
The apple cider, garlic, and ginger don’t just add flavor to this dish. They are also high in antioxidants, anti-inflammatory properties, and therapeutic compounds, such as vitamins B1, B2, B3, B6, folate, vitamin C, calcium, iron, magnesium, manganese, phosphorus, potassium, sodium and zinc.
When picking out apple cider vinegar at the store, look for a brand that is organic and unfiltered. This ensures that you buy the apple cider vinegar with “mother” in it, which means that it has not been heated to high temperatures so that the enzymes and other beneficial compounds are not compromised.
Research shows that apple cider vinegar has antibacterial properties to help support immunity and keep you healthy. You can read all about the health benefits of apple cider vinegar!
This recipe calls for keto sweetener, but you can omit this if you want as the ginger and cider provide plenty of natural sweetness!
In our recipes, we use the instant pot 3-Quart Duo Mini 7-in-1. This model is very easy to use. Just follow the step by step instructions below and your meal is ready in no time!
Let’s Do It!
Mix the chicken broth, coconut aminos, sweetener (if using), apple cider vinegar, garlic and ginger in a bowl. Check these keto bone broth brands you can use.
Add to the instant pot. You can use low-carb soy sauce instead of coconut aminos if you’re not doing strict keto.
Place chicken drumsticks in the instant pot. Cook on manual pressure for 10 minutes. Then let the chicken sit for 5 minutes.
Take the lid off and remove the chicken. Press the “saute” button and reduce the sauce for 5 minutes.
Meanwhile, arrange the drumsticks on a baking sheet with parchment paper or foil. Broil in the oven for about 2 minutes on each side. This is to give chicken the best flavor and taste.
More Low-Carb Chicken Drumsticks Recipes You Can Try:
- Baked Almond-Parmesan Chicken Drumsticks
- Sichuan Dry Rub Chicken Drumsticks
- Baked Chicken Drumsticks with Mustard and Garlic
Instant Pot Ginger Chicken Drumsticks
- 1 tbsp green onion chopped (for serving, optional)
- cauliflower rice
- In a medium bowl, mix all marinade ingredients and then pour this liquid in the instant pot.
- Arrange chicken drumsticks on the bottom of the instant pot.
- Cook on manual high pressure for 10 minutes. When the timer goes off, allow the chicken to sit for 5 minutes, let the pressure release naturally, then make a quick release.
- Take off the lid and remove the drumsticks. Hit “saute’ and reduce the sauce for 5 minutes or to your desired consistency.
- While the sauce is reducing, arrange chicken drumsticks on the baking sheet lined with parchment paper, foil, or a silicone mat. Broil in the oven for 2-3 minutes on each side.
- Place drumsticks on a platter, pour the sauce over, sprinkle with chopped green onion and serve.