An interesting dish from a French countryside came to us and just screams about refined late night dinners in cozy restaurants. Chicken is a meat that allows improvisations, is easily cooked and can be found in cuisine of every country.
But only French people could transform such trivial ingredient into a dish that served in five-star restaurants. Maybe it’s the hint of a non-urban area that urban jungle people are craving for or the language style o make everything sound seductive even if its chicken bathed in mustard.
These chicken drumsticks could be cooked in the oven, grilled on a BBQ, or on steamer but for the sake of maintaining high level ketogenic diet we recommend the first way.
What we love the most when it comes to cooking chicken legs is that they are very easy and simple to prepare. Moreover, this cut of meat is cheaper and juicier compared to breast. There are many keto chicken drumstick recipes you can try.
In original recipe you may read vine as one of the ingredients, vine is famous for being added in lots of French dishes mostly to keep meat soft and remain its delicate taste.
Since keto diet is a very individual thing but meant to keep you healthy and steady on your way to losing weight, it’s better to stay away from these kinds of temptations.
Mix of lime, olive oil and garlic on the other hand gives the same effect on a chicken meat as vine – keeping it juicy and fragrant.
This dish can be served with fresh leafy greens or any low carb salad.
[page_section color=’#2c3e50′ textstyle=’light’ position=’default’] [/page_section]
[thrive_headline_focus title=”Let’s Ketofy It!” orientation=”center”]
Combine the marinade ingredients in a small bowl and mix until well-blended.
Move your chicken drumsticks into a mixing bowl. Coat the chicken with the marinade and let marinate for at least 6 hours for the best result. Otherwise, you can still bake it immediately.
Preheat your oven to 400°F and line a baking sheet with foil. Put a rack over the baking sheet and place the chicken on the rack.
Brush the drumsticks with any remaining marinade before baking for 25 minutes. Turn the drumsticks and bake for another 25 minutes. For added crisp, use the broiler for the last 2 to 3 minutes. Remove and serve.
Watch how we made this here:
Save this recipe by pinning this picture to your Pinterest board for later use!
- Keto Spicy Dry Rub Baked Chicken Wings
- Baked Chicken Thighs with Bacon Mushroom Sauce
- Keto Buffalo Chicken Empanadas
Baked Chicken Drumsticks with Mustard and Garlic
- In a small bowl, combine all of the marinade ingredients together. Mix until well blended.
- Transfer chicken drumsticks to a mixing bowl. Pour the marinade over the drumsticks and use your hands to coat the chicken. Marinate for 6 hours or preferably overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 400˚F and line a baking sheet with foil. Place rack over a baking tray and place the drumsticks on the rack.
- Brush chicken with any extra marinade left in the mixing bowl. Bake for 25 minutes, then turn the drumsticks over and bake for another 25 minutes. For crispier skin, broil on high heat for the last 2 to 3 minutes. Remove and serve hot with a low carb salad.