Have you heard the saying that almost every problem in your life can be solved with cauliflower? Alright, we’ve just made that up but when it comes to the low carb world, cauliflower is definitely your best friend.
Cauliflower is a popular addition to the keto or low-carb diet because it’s so versatile. It cooks similar to many starchy foods that are off-limits on a low-carb diet.
We love cauliflower because it takes on the taste of whatever you cook it with. This miraculous soup will leave no one indifferent.
You will have to spend some time watching it cook, so pack your patience. But we promise it’s worth it!
The ingredients in this healthy dish will satisfy your needs of several nutrients. To cook this dish, you will need cauliflower florets, garlic, and chilli flakes, chicken broth, heavy cream, shredded cheddar cheese, crushed cooked bacon and grated Grana Padano.
To make, cook the cauliflower florets in the crockpot for up to seven hours with the chicken broth and spices, until they are soft. When they are soft and cooked, take the cauliflower florets out and blend them in a blender. Return to the pot and add the heavy cream and cheese. Cook or stir until the cheese is melted and serve while hot!
We love crockpot recipes because you can throw the ingredients in the crockpot and go about your day. Run some errands, go to work, or hit the gym. Then come home and dinner is served!
Let’s Do It!
To prepare this cheesy and creamy cauliflower soup, put cauliflower florets into a slow cooker. Add the chilli flakes, garlic flakes, and sea salt.
Pour in chicken broth and cook on low for 6-7 hours. After that, use an immersion blender to puree it until creamy. If you don’t have a slow cooker, simply cook this in a soup pot by simmering it for half an hour on low heat.
Add heavy cream, shredded cheese, and more sea salt if needed. Continue to cook for an additional 10-15 minutes or until the cheese melts.
Finally, pour the soup into a bowl, sprinkle with cheese, chilli slices, crispy fried bacon bits and chilli flakes (optional), and enjoy!
You will also want to try these:
- Creamy Spinach Soup With Crispy Bacon
- Beef Shirataki Noodle Soup
- Pumpkin Broccoli Zucchini Creamy Soup
- Cheesy White Chicken Chili Keto Soup
Keto Cauliflower Cheese Soup
- Put cauliflower florets into a slow cooker. Add garlic flakes, chilli flakes and sea salt. Pour in chicken broth and cook on low 6-7 hours.
- Puree cooked cauliflower with immersion blender until creamy.
- Add shredded cheese, heavy cream and more sea salt if needed.
- Continue to cook for 10-15 minutes more, or until cheese melts.
- Divide between serving bowls, sprinkle with grated Grana Padano, crushed bacon and chilli slices or chilli flakes (optional).