We’d like to share with you one of our favourite keto soups, the broccoli and cheese cream soup. It is extremely quick and easy to make, and the recipe can be easily modified to suit anyone’s taste – that is, if you like broccoli and cheese, of course. Broccoli has 4.4 g net carbs per 100 g and is an excellent source of Vitamin K.
If you don’t have comte cheese, you can substitute it for another medium hard cheese, such as cheddar, edam or gouda. Alternatively, you can just skip it and add more parmesan.
If you would like to increase the fat content, this is incredibly easy – you can add butter, ghee or coconut oil to the soup at step 4 (butter being our favourite for this soup).
If the soup turns out thick, you can add water to it until you reach the desired texture.
Let’s Ketofy It!
To soften the broccoli, steam them for around 5 minutes.
Afterwards, blend with sour cream, comte cheese, and parmesan for 2 minutes. Let it mix until you get a creamy and homogeneous mixture.
In a saucepan, combine the blended ingredients with chicken stock. Mix well with a spatula.
Bring to a simmer for 5 more minutes. Keep stirring the mixture so as not to get the cheese sticking to the bottom of the pan.
Transfer the soup in a bowl. You can add more shredded cheese on the surface. Best eaten hot.
- Creamy Spinach Soup With Crispy Bacon
- Pumpkin Broccoli Zucchini Creamy Soup
- Cheesy White Chicken Chili Keto Soup
Creamy Broccoli and Cheese Soup
- 1 broccoli medium bunch
- 30 g sour cream approx. 2 tbsp.
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 2 tbsp Parmesan cheese grated
- 30 g Comte cheese (or cheddar gouda or edam)
- salt to taste
- Let the broccoli steam for 5 minutes.
- Transfer them to a blender and mix well for about 2 minutes with the parmesan, sour cream, and comte cheese. Blend thoroughly until a smooth, uniform mixture is obtained.
- Pour the mixture in a saucepan and add the chicken stock as well. Stir to mix.
- Simmer for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally to mix the cheese evenly and avoid sticking it to the base of the pan.
- Serve in a bowl with some shredded cheese on top.
- Enjoy while hot.