The cheesy cauliflower breadsticks are exquisite and easy to prepare. They’re great for snacks and if you add the extra topping, it can be wonderful for lunch, dinner and even breakfast.
When making this, it is essential to use waxed paper or parchment paper on the tray to remove the dough easily. Also, it is important to mix the mixture by hand using a spoon instead of a blender so we won’t crush the cauliflower mixture. When you finish baking and remove the tray from the oven, let it stand for a few minutes before removing the bread from the waxed paper to avoid breaking it.
Be sure to save this recipe by pinning this picture to your Pinterest board for later use!
You can season the top with different herbs of your choice. We choose oregano and fresh rosemary, but you can use cilantro or any other herb. This is a basic recipe and leaves you a lot of room for creativity. You can accompany with more mozzarella cheese or add salami, the spread keto tomato sauce on top.
Cheesy Cauliflower Breadsticks
- After washing and drying the cauliflower thoroughly, discard the leaves and chop it into small florets.
- Transfer to a food processor and pulse gently to obtain rice-size bits.
- Put the cauliflower bits in a heat-safe bowl together with a tbsp of butter. Set the microwave to “cooking” and place the bowl in. Leave for 1 minute and 30 seconds.
- Mix the cauliflower rice, almond flour, rosemary, oregano, eggs, and a cup of mozzarella cheese in a bowl. Using a spoon to stir well until combined. Adjust the flavor with salt and pepper.
- Transfer the mixture to a waxed-paper-covered baking tray. Pat evenly on all sides.
- Lay the remaining half cup of mozzarella cheese on top to cover the surface.
- Leave in the oven set at 300°F for 15 minutes. Baking time may depend on how dry/moist you like your topping.
- Remove from the oven once the cheese turns golden in color. Let stand for 5 minutes to cool then remove the paper. Serve.