If we’re being perfectly honest here, then we think it’s safe to say that eating chicken daily can get boring. That’s why you need to mix things up when it comes to the way you prepare it!
Cashew chicken is a delicious dish which you can find in many Thai restaurants and Chinese takeaways.
There are lots of reasons to eat chicken. It’s low in carbs, high in protein, and tastes great. Plus, it cooks well with just about anything you pair it with.
This recipe calls for cashews, which are high in healthy fats. Research shows that monounsaturated fatty acids in cashews and other nuts help reduce cholesterol. They’re also an excellent source of fiber and magnesium.
This recipe also incorporates low-carbohydrate veggies into your meal, which can sometimes be hard to get when you’re on keto. Eating veggies is a great way to get more vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, and fiber into your diet to help increase energy and leave your skin looking great.
The coconut oil is a great addition to this recipe because it contributes to the nutty flavor. It also has many health benefits.
Research shows that coconut oil has antibacterial, anti-inflammatory, and heart healthy properties. It helps control blood sugar levels and contains lots of healthy fats that help you absorb nutrients from the rest of the meal.
To make, you’ll need bell peppers, garlic, chili flakes, coconut aminos, ginger and green onions. Toast the cashews until they are light brown for a nice crunch and beautiful fragrance.
After cooking the diced chicken add the coconut aminos, cashews and chopped green onions. Stir well, transfer to a bowl, and serve sprinkled with sesame seeds. Enjoy while hot or prepare for tomorrow’s lunch!
Let’s Ketofy It!
Because the chicken in this recipe is diced, it won’t take as long to cook. This comes in handy if you’re in a hurry! You can buy roasted cashews or you can buy the raw ones and roast them in a pan.
Start by cooking the chicken in the coconut oil and slowly add the remaining ingredients. Cook until the vegetables are soft. You don’t want to overcook them or they will lose their antioxidant properties.
Add the rest of the ingredients in and finally add the cashews. Omit the chilli flakes if you don’t like a spicy dish!
Transfer to a plate and sprinkle some sesame seeds on before serving.
- Keto Chicken and Vegetables Stir Fry
- Keto General Tso’s Chicken with Cauliflower Rice
- Keto Orange Chicken
Keto Cashew Chicken
- Heat a pan over low and toast the cashews until they start to brown. Set aside.
- Add coconut oil to the pan and heat to medium hot, add diced chicken and cook for 5 minutes or until done.
- When chicken is cooked, add onion, bell pepper, minced garlic, ginger and hot sauce to the pan, stir well, add chilli flakes and cook on high for 3 minutes.
- Add coconut aminos, cashews and cook for 2 minutes more to evaporate the liquid. Turn the heat off, add chopped green onions and stir well.
- Transfer to a bowl and serve sprinkled with sesame seeds.