Keto Orange Chicken
Orange chicken is one of our favorite dishes in Chinese cuisine. It’s one of the most popular dishes at Chinese restaurants, such as Panda Express.
The main ingredient is chicken breast, a super great source of protein. You can also use chicken thigh for this as well.
The regular orange chicken is not keto-friendly because of the use of cornstarch, flour, soy sauce, brown sugar, and orange juice. To keep it low carb, we simply need to substitute a few ingredients.
To bread the chicken meat, eggs and coconut flour are used. For the orange sauce, we use orange extract, orange zest, chicken broth, olive oil, ginger and erythritol for sweetening.
In the end, you will get an incredibly beautiful dish that is healthy and tasty.
Let’s Ketofy It!
Chop chicken into small pieces then season with salt and pepper.
Prepare the breading: Add egg and a pinch of salt in, beat well.
In another bowl, add coconut flour, black pepper and garlic powder in. Mix well.
To coat the meat, dip it in the egg mixture first then roll it in the flour mixture.
To fry the chicken: In a frying pan over medium-high heat, add olive oil in. Start frying each side of the meat for 2-3 minutes until browned. Remove the cooked meat and set aside.
Prepare the orange sauce: in a saucepan, add orange zest, orange extract, chicken broth, olive oil, erythritol, grated ginger in and mix well. Bring to boil then simmer to your desired thickness. Stirring occasionally.
To serve the chicken: You can either add the cooked chicken to the orange saucepan and stir to mix the chicken with the sauce then bring to a plate and serve, or you can transfer the chicken to a plate, then pour the orange sauce over it and top with some sesame seeds. It’s up to your liking.
Save this recipe by pinning this picture to your Pinterest board for later use!
Keto Orange Chicken
- Cut chicken into bite-sized pieces, season with sea salt.
- In one bowl beat eggs with a pinch of salt. In a second bowl mix coconut flour with garlic powder and black pepper.
- Coat the chicken pieces in the egg mixture, then the flour.
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add chicken and cook for 2-3 minutes or until browned then turn them over and cook another 2-3 minutes.
- Make a sauce: In a saucepan, combine all sauce ingredients and simmer on medium heat for 5-6 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Transfer the chicken pieces to the platter, pour the orange sauce over the meat, sprinkle with sesame seeds (optional) and serve. You can also mix the cooked chicken with the orange sauce in the frying pan and stir it for 1 minute then remove and serve.