When it comes to meat, you can rest easy choosing beef. Along with being delicious, beef contains important nutrients that your body needs, such as the B vitamins and minerals
Rouladen is a German beef dish which normally has beef wrapped with pickles and mustard. It has an unbeatable taste and even more good news is how deliciously beef pairs with low-carb vegetables and just about any spice– making it even easier to enjoy on a keto diet.
In this recipe, we combine beef with jalapenos. Jalapenos are known for their moderate level of heat to boost the flavor of any dish. They are rich in vitamin C, which is a powerful antioxidant that protects your body’s cells from free radicals. The peppers themselves are very low in calories.
Peppers stimulate weight loss because they have a thermogenic effect on the body. This means that they “heat” up your metabolism so that you burn more calories.
Additionally, peppers are a good source of vitamin A to support healthy vision. Vitamin A is also important for the maintenance of skin, bone and other tissues. Finally, peppers can help keep your blood sugar levels under control because they’re a good source of antioxidants and fiber.
To prepare, roll together seasoned beef steaks with pickles and jalapenos. Fry it until it’s no longer pink then add beef broth and simmer for an hour and a half.
Next, combine the xanthan gum and water, and add to the broth. Serve sprinkled with chopped parsley. It may be served with some leafy greens or steamed broccoli or cauliflower rice. Enjoy!
Let’s Ketofy It!
The first thing you will do is to to season steak with salt and pepper then spread mustard on it.
This recipe requires you to be a bit of an artist because you’ll have to arrange the jalapeno and pickles on the steak and roll them together.
Once you have them arranged, fry the meat until it is cooked all the way through.
Next you’ll add the beef broth and simmer this mixture until it thickens. It will help keep your steak from getting dry! Once cooked, remove the steak rolls into a plate and remove the toothpicks.
Finally, mix xanthan gum and water in a small bowl.
Pour xanthan gum to the pan to create a keto-friendly gravy. Roll the steak rolls into the gravy and cook for a few minutes.
Serve with low-carb veggies such as lettuce leaves, steamed broccoli or cauliflower rice.
Keto Jalapeno Beef Rouladen
- Season each steak with salt and pepper and spread with mustard.
- Arrange sliced pickles and jalapeno on top, roll up and secure with toothpicks.
- Heat olive oil in the frying pan over medium-high heat, add beef rolls and fry until no longer pink.
- Pour in beef broth and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat, cover with a lid and simmer for anywhere between 1/2 hour to 1 1/2 hours (depending on how much time you have and how much heat you use). When tender, take beef rolls out.
- In a bowl combine xanthan gum and water. Add this mixture to the frying pan and continue to cook, stirring constantly until thickens.
- Take toothpicks out of the beef, return rolls to the gravy and heat through.
- Sprinkle with chopped parsley and serve. Can be served with some leafy greens or steamed broccoli or cauliflower rice.