Are you tired of going out to eat and ordering a burger without the bun because that’s your only low-carb option? So are we. That’s why we suggest staying in and jazzing up your boring bunless burger with our incredible mushroom gravy sauce.
Our mushroom sauce would go great on just about any dish as it helps your food retain moisture. This is especially true for meat dishes that can otherwise be dry or tasteless after you cook them.
It calls for button mushrooms, heavy cream, butter, and spices. Mushrooms are a good source of B vitamins, which are needed for energy. They also contain the antioxidant mineral selenium to help reduce inflammation.
The smell of fried meat will never disappoint you. We recommend using high-quality minced beef for your patties. You will also want to make sure your beef comes from grass-fed sources that do not use antibiotics or hormones.
Research shows that grass-fed meat is higher in total conjugated linoleic acid and omega 3-fatty acids (1). They are also higher in cholesterol neutral stearic fatty acids and lower in saturated fats that have been shown to increase cholesterol, such as palmitic and myristic acids.
Grass-fed beef also contains more precursors for Vitamins A and E and antioxidants that may help fight cancer, such as superoxide dismutase and glutathione (2).
Overall, grass-fed beef is lower in fat than conventionally-raised beef (3). It also has a distinct flavour that far exceeds that flavour of beef that is pumped full of chemicals! We have made many keto beef dinner recipes that you can try.
Spices accompany beef as additional flavour-boosting ingredients and as powerful health boosters, too. They are rich in antioxidants, vitamins, minerals, and dietary fiber. Spices are also good sources of vitamins C and B6, phosphorus, folate and potassium.
Serve this keto dinner with a side salad made with olive oil and vinegar dressing for the perfect way to meet your macros!
Let’s Do It!
Add all ingredients for the patties in a bowl, except for the olive oil. Mix well until combined.
Take a spoon and scoop the meat mixture. Roll the mixture into balls and press down to form patties.
Fry the patties in olive oil in a stovetop pan over medium heat. Cook for around 3 minutes on each side and side the cooked patties aside.
Cook the mushrooms in a pan with the butter. Saute for around 3 to 4 minutes. Then add the thyme, garlic, and onion. Cook for another 2 minutes.
Add the broth and bring to a boil then simmer for 2 minutes. Stir in the cream cheese and salt and pepper. Add the heavy cream and cook for another 5 minutes.
Plate the patties and top with the mushroom sauce. Serve hot!
More Keto Patties Recipes You Can Try:
- Cheese Biscuits With Breakfast Patties
- Chicken Broccoli Bacon Cheese Patties
- Cauliflower Parmesan Cheese Patties
Keto Mushroom Gravy Burger Patties
- Place all ingredients for the patties in a bowl (except olive oil) and mix until well combined. With a spoon, scoop meat mixture, roll into balls, and gently press to form the patties.
- Heat olive oil in a frying pan over medium heat. Add patties and cook for approximately 3 minutes per side. Set aside.
- Melt butter in a frying pan. Add sliced mushrooms and fry for 3-4 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in onion, garlic and thyme and saute for an additional 2 minutes.
- Add in the broth. Bring to a boil and continue to simmer for 2 minutes, then stir in cream cheese and season with salt and pepper.
- When cheese melts, add heavy cream and simmer for 5-7 minutes.
- Divide patties between serving plates, pour the gravy over, sprinkle with chopped parsley and enjoy!