Some people think that all hamburgers are made with bread as the main ingredients. However, as keto and low carb dieters, we have found a way to enjoy cheeseburgers without eating the bread.
The best thing about a cheeseburger is not the bread but the bacon, the melted cheese, the goodness of mushrooms, and the juicy well-seasoned grilled meat. That’s what we focused on when making this recipe.
Of course, you can also use this Keto Hamburger Buns recipe to make the low carb bread and then add meat and salad. But today we’d like to try something different.
To enhance the flavor of the burger and increase its nutritional value, we recommend using high-quality, organic ingredients when possible. The ground beef should come from organic, grass-finished sources that have not been treated with antibiotics or hormones.
Not only will it look healthier, but grass-finished meat is also higher in omega 3 fatty acids as well as certain antioxidants and precursors to vitamins (1). Watch out for nitrates, added sugars, and other chemicals in the bacon.
You can eliminate many of these unwanted ingredients by opting for organic, grass-fed options. These may also be labeled as “keto or whole30 approved.” Lastly, your cheese should come from organic, grass-fed cows if possible. It might seem like a pain to look for all of these organic options, but you’ll be able to taste the difference in this recipe!
You can accompany your bunless cheeseburger with two slices of tomato, lettuce, onion, mustard, and a bit of sugar-free homemade ketchup or tomato sauce. Try this bunless stuffed burger and you will never want to eat a regular burger again!
Let’s Do It!
Season the ground beef with the condiments. Add the egg and almond flour in and knead until well combined. Form four meatballs.
Use a soda can to create a hollow hole in each meatball. Then use your hands to shape the balls into a cup.
Fill each hole with a mushroom. Wrap a slice of bacon around each side. Lay a slice of cheese on the top to cover the mushroom.
Bake in the oven for 10 minutes at 300 degrees F. Remove and lay another slice of cheese on top. Put back on the oven for 5 minutes or until the cheese is melted.
Be sure to save this recipe by pinning this picture to your Pinterest board for later use!
Keto Bunless Bacon Cheeseburger
- Season the ground beef with all of the condiments. Crack the egg into the beef and add in the almond flour as well. Knead until well combined. Mold into 4 meatballs.
- Create the hollow shape of the meatballs with a soda can. Using your hands, shape the beef to form a cup before removing the can.
- Fill the molded beef with a mushroom. Wrap a slice of bacon around the sides of the cup.
- Lay a slice of cheese on the surface of the hamburger to cover the mushroom. Cook in the 300°F oven for 10 minutes. Remove once the meat is cooked.
- Lay another slice of cheese on top and rebake for an additional 5 minutes, enough to melt the cheese.
- Serve and enjoy!