Have you ever wondered what it smells like in Italy? Everyone knows that Italy has delicious food, but not everyone has been there to experience the taste of Italy in person. Did you know that you can replicate some of these flavors at home in one minute?
Unlike traditional pizzas or fat head pizza, this Keto Pizza makes use of flax seeds for dough.
Flax seeds provide healthy protein, fiber and omega-3 fatty acids. It’s also a great source of fiber, which helps keep your net carb intake to a minimum.
The dough is not only nutritious. Research shows that these tiny seeds may help reduce your risk of heart disease, cancer, stroke, and diabetes. It also provides long lasting energy all day long (1, 2).
Our recipe asks that you use homemade marinara sauce, which will enhance the flavor of your pizza and give you a taste of Italy in your own home. Using homemade marinara ensures that your pizza will taste fresh. Many canned or jarred sauces call for added preservatives and sodium to help preserve the sauce.
One of the many reasons why the keto diet is so healthy is because it encourages the use of fresh, homemade ingredients whenever possible. This is important because fresh ingredients tend to be more nutritious than jarred or preserved.
The ingredients in this recipe make Keto-Pizza a superfood. Why? Tomatoes are one of the low-calorie vegetables, but they are excellent sources of antioxidants, dietary fiber, minerals, and vitamins. Cherry tomato is a good source of beta-carotene content, and even higher than regular tomatoes (3, 4).
Mozzarella is lower in calories and fat than hard types of cheese. A slice of prosciutto will crown the perfect Italian flavor.
Not to mention, this recipe calls for ingredients that you probably already have on hand! Your kids will love it, too.
Let’s Do It!
Start by making the dough. Add an egg to a bowl and beak it with a fork. Add the baking powder, flaxseed flour, and a pinch of salt into the bowl. Stir well.
Next, put the dough in a microwave safe bowl and microwave for 30 seconds. This heats incorporate the ingredients and activate the dough. Do not heat more than 30 seconds because the egg will start to cook.
Top with homemade marinara sauce, prosciutto, cherry tomatoes, mozzarella. Sprinkle with Italian seasoning. Cook again in the microwave to melt the cheese.
Serve sprinkled with grated Grana Padano. Buon appetito!
You might want to try these:
- Crustless Pizza in a Bowl
- 10-Minute Quick and Easy Keto Meal
- 5-Minute Keto Gooey Microwave Chocolate Cake in a Mug
- 90-Second Microwave Keto Bread Chicken Sandwich
Keto Pizza in a Mug
- In a bowl, beat an egg slightly. Add ground flax seeds, baking powder, a pinch of salt and stir well.
- Pour the dough in a microwave safe bowl or ramekin and microwave for 30 seconds.
- Cut cherry tomatoes and mozzarella balls in half.
- Tear prosciutto slice.
- Top the dough with homemade marinara, prosciutto, tomatoes, mozzarella and sprinkle with Italian seasoning.
- Microwave for 30 seconds more or until cheese melts.
- Serve immediately, sprinkled with grated Grana Padano!