There are several low carb pizza options using cauliflower, broccoli or even almond flour as the crust but today we’ll try something different. We will be making a chicken-based pizza crust using chicken breast, parmesan cheese and eggs.
This pizza should be eaten warm. The texture is very close to a pizza dough. The best part is that you can prepare the dough with just 3 simple ingredients then bake in the oven and you’re ready for a treat.
You can use canned chicken for this but we prefer to use fresh chicken breast.
You can use keto friendly ingredients for topping. We wouldn’t go with other high protein topping such as meat or seafood because the crust is already high protein.
On this occasion, we used a spoonful of marinara sauce, a little bit of cheddar cheese and black olives as topping. You can throw in some spinach for topping if you like.
Feel free to save this recipe by pinning this picture to your Pinterest board for later use!
Mini Chicken Crust Pizza
- 2 cup chicken breast
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese
- 2 large egg
- salt and pepper to taste
- Boil some cups of water in a deep pot. Place the chicken breast in and spice up with salt and pepper. When the chicken is cooked and tender, remove from the heat and drain with a colander. Alternatively, instead of boiling, you can roast the chicken if you want a very dry pizza crust.
- Using a food processor, tear the chicken into small bits. Transfer to a baking sheet. Set the oven to 300°F and place the baking sheet in the oven for 10 minutes, just enough to dry the meat.
- When done, replace in the food processor. Toss in the parmesan cheese and add the beaten eggs. Continue pulsing until the mixture becomes identical to a pizza dough, enough to be kneaded.
- Transfer the dough to a flat sheet and use a rolling pin to flatten it. Cut round shapes on the crust using cookie cutters.
- Replace the pizza crusts on the same baking sheet and put in the 300°F preheated oven again for 20 minutes. Brown the crusts before removing. Throw in any desired pizza topping and rebake for an additional 5-7 minutes. Enjoy your mini pizzas while warm!