5-Minute Keto Gooey Microwave Chocolate Cake in a Mug
Following the keto diet doesn’t mean you can’t have desserts. If you are looking for a quick and delicious chocolate cake to go with your cup of tea or coffee then this mug cake is the perfect choice for you.
This chocolate cake in a mug is gooey and tastes amazing! It’s just like the 45-minute cake but instead of baking it in the oven, we will use a microwave and the best part is that it only takes 5 minutes. That’s right! Five minutes is all you need.
Low carb, sugar-free and keto-friendly, this super quick and easy mug cake will be a game changer, especially for the days when you feel like you want a piece of cake but don’t want to spend your entire afternoon to bake it.
Let's Ketofy It!
Put the butter inside the mug you will be using and place the mug in the microwave for 15 seconds to melt the butter.
Remove the mug, add egg and cocoa powder in and mix vigorously using a fork.
Slowly add coconut flour, almond flour, baking powder, vanilla extract, salt and sweetener in and mix until smooth. You should be filling the mug up to two thirds of the height to avoid spills when cooking it because the cake will rise.
Put the mug back in the microwave and cook for 1.5 – 2 minutes. Timing depends on the power of your microwave as well as the size and thickness of your mug. To be sure, remove after 1.5 minute and check to make sure you achieve the desired consistency and avoid the cake becoming too dry or burning it.
Optional: You can add some sour cream and chopped walnut on topping. Enjoy warm!
Save this recipe by pinning this picture to your Pinterest board for later use!
Keto Chocolate Cake in a Mug
- Prepare the mug and all the ingredients. Place the butter in the mug and microwave for 15 seconds to melt.
- Add the cocoa powder in the melted butter. Crack the egg in the mug as well. Stir thoroughly with a fork.
- Gradually combine all of the remaining ingredients (except the toppings) into the mug while stirring. Fold everything together until smooth.Remember to fill only 2/3 of the cup to prevent spilling the batter when cooking.
- Put the mug in the microwave for another 1.5 - 2 minutes depending on your mug size. Make sure to check to prevent the cake from becoming too dry or burnt.
- If desired, top with walnuts and sour cream. Serve and enjoy!