These delicious fathead pizza bites are low-carb, nut-free and vegetarian at the same time. They are easy to make and are excellent for sharing with a friend.
In addition to that, they don’t require a microwave to prepare, as the cheese for the crust does not need to be melted. You can add a salad on the side for a quick and balanced dinner.
These pizza bites are highly versatile and you can experiment with different toppings. You could put chorizo or ham for a non-vegetarian version of the pizza, or substitute the mozzarella with a different kind of cheese, for example emmental, romano or cheddar.
Olive oil can be substituted for another kind of oil (avocado oil or coconut oil are excellent alternatives, for example). The cooking time will depend on how thin your pizza patties are, so make sure to check them every 5 minutes or so.
Let’s Ketofy It!
Set the oven to 200°C just to preheat.
Beat the eggs in a bowl along with the olive oil, coconut flour, flaxseed, and parmesan. Whisk to combine completely.
Create 4-cm diameter pizza patties from the dough (about 9-11 patties). Arrange these on a greased adapted container.
Lightly brown them in the oven for 15 minutes.
Chop the mushrooms, tomatoes, and zucchini to make slim slices. Sauté the sliced mushrooms and zucchini briefly in a pan.
Place about a tablespoonful of the sautéed mushrooms and zucchini on the pizza patties. Top with mozzarella and replace in the oven for 5 more minutes.
Lay a slice of tomato on top of each pizza bite and rebake for 1 or 2 minutes only. Serve and enjoy.
Keto Coconut Flour Pizza Bites
- Preheat the oven at 200 degree C
- Put the coconut flour, olive oil, flaxseed, and parmesan in a large bowl and whisk the eggs
- Mix everything together
- Make individual pizza patties of about 4 cm in diameter and place them in an adapted container (greased in advance). You’ll have enough dough for approx. 9 to 11 patties.
- Cook them for about 15 minutes or until slightly brown
- Slice the tomatoes, zucchini and mushrooms and quickly sauté the zucchini and the mushrooms
- Put the zucchini, mushrooms and mozzarella on top of the pizza bites and bake for another 5 minutes.
- Put the tomato slices on top of each bite and cook for another minute or two. Enjoy!