Are you tired of trying to quiet your sweet tooth? Aren’t we all! Our advice is to give in, but you’ll need to put a twist on your indulgences to keep it low-carb.
Keto Chaffles can satisfy any demanding taste for something sweet. You’ll also be pleasantly surprised that these are low-carb and low-calorie. “Chaffles” is a term used to describe waffles that are made with cheese. These are quite a change from the normal starchy waffles you knew as a kid!
For this, you will need eggs and mozzarella as the 2 main ingredients. For flavor, you can add vanilla extract, sweetener and cinnamon. You don’t need almond flour or coconut flour because it’s not a fathead dough. You probably already have these ingredients on hand in your kitchen! If you are fond of well-served desserts, get some dark chocolate ready.
Eggs are a fairly low-calorie food. They are one of the few foods considered to be a complete protein because they contain all nine essential amino acids. Amino acids are the building blocks of protein. They help create lean muscle mass, which burns more calories than fat.
Eggs provide the energy needed to keep you going. They are a natural choice for a healthy, active lifestyle. Mozzarella is not worse in this respect, either.
Other than calcium, mozzarella cheese variant offers a variety of health benefits as it contains thiamine, riboflavin, niacin, biotin, and vitamin B6.
Chocolate is an excellent source of antioxidants. It also makes this recipe more decadent. Research shows that chocolate is one of the best sources of antioxidant flavonoids in the world. Foods that are high in flavonoids may help prevent cardiovascular disease (1).
To get the most from your chocolate, look for a source that is as minimally processed as possible. Raw cacao contains large amounts of antioxidants as it is not processed.
However, you will need to mix it with coconut oil and sweetener to get a melted version that can be drizzled over your food.
Let’s Do It!
Whisk eggs in a bowl. Add shredded mozzarella, vanilla extract, cinnamon, and sweetener.
Stir until combined. Turn the waffle maker on. Grease it with olive oil.
Spoon the batter into waffle slots and cook for 2-3 minutes or until ready.
Melt the dark chocolate and pour over the waffles. Enjoy hot!
Similar recipes for breakfast you can try:
- Ham and Cheese Hot Pockets
- Calzone with Ham, Cheese and Spinach
- Morning Hot Pockets with Bacon and Egg
- Chicken Fathead Bread
- 1-2 oz dark chocolate at least 85% cocoa, melted (for topping, optional)
- Whisk eggs in a bowl. Add shredded mozzarella, vanilla extract, cinnamon, and sweetener. Stir until well combined.
- Turn the waffle maker on and grease waffle iron with olive oil.
- Spoon the batter into waffle slots and cook for 2-3 minutes or until golden. Continue with the remaining batter.
- Place dark chocolate in a microwave safe bowl and melt the chocolate in a microwave for 1-2 minutes stirring occasionally (if using). You are free to use any of your favorite low-carb toppings.