Everyone loves steak, especially a nice cut of grass-fed beef. Today we want to introduce you to a quick breakfast recipe that will load you up with energy for your busy work day.
Classic Steak and Eggs Breakfast is a great choice because you’ll only need 20 minutes to get a nice portion of proteins and healthy fats.
To prepare this gorgeous breakfast, you’ll need two eggs, half of an avocado, a piece of your favorite steak cut, tomatoes, olive oil, salt and pepper.
Aim for grass-fed steak that comes from cows who have not been treated with antibiotics, hormones or other chemicals. The same goes with your eggs. Choose pasture-raised whenever possible.
It’s good to remember, if you want to get a perfect steak, you need to take your steak out of the fridge and allow it to come to room temperature before cooking.
Steak and eggs is a classic breakfast. There are practically no carbs in this dish, which makes it a great meal to eat anytime on the keto diet. You can replace the tomatoes for a green, leafy vegetable if you want, but we like how the cooked tomatoes taste with the eggs.
You’ll want to prepare the steak first because it takes longer. Choose a grass-fed steak and heat it on the stove for 7 minutes on each side. Cook the tomatoes on the same pan with the soft side down until they become tender.
Next, prepare the eggs so that they are runny in the middle. Serve with the cooked steak, tomatoes, and sliced avocados.
Let’s Do It!
Rub the steak with olive oil and season it with salt and pepper. Make sure to heat a grill pan to hot before you start cooking.
Cook the meat, turning it every minute until your desired doneness.
Don’t forget to let the steak rest for five minutes before slicing it.
While the steak is resting, cut the tomatoes in half and cook in the same grill pan cut-side down until softened and slightly caramelised.
Heat olive oil in another pan and cook eggs. You should have eggs with a runny yolk inside and cooked egg white outside.
Arrange everything on a plate. Add avocado slices and season with more salt and pepper if needed. Serve immediately and enjoy!
More low carb steak recipes:
Steak and Eggs Breakfast
- 2 eggs
- 8 oz tenderloin steak or sirloin or your favorite steak cut
- 1 tomato medium , halved
- ½ avocado sliced
- 1 ½ tbsp olive oil
- sea salt and black pepper to taste
- Rub the steak with olive oil, season with salt and pepper.
- Heat a grill pan to hot, add a splash of olive oil and cook the steak for 6-7 minutes on each side or to desired doneness. Turn the steak every minute while cooking. When cooked, allow the steak to rest for 5 minutes and slice it.
- Add tomato halves to the same grill pan cut-side down and cook until softened and slightly caramelised.
- Heat 1/2 tbsp of olive oil in the pan and cook eggs. You should have eggs with a runny yolk inside and cooked egg white outside.
- Arrange everything on a plate, add avocado slices, season with more salt and pepper if needed and serve immediately.