People who go on diets and try to lose weight limit themselves in everything and suffer greatly from this. The goal is to have a lifestyle that allows you to enjoy and succeed. When it comes to keto, there are various delicacies you can try including desserts.
Today we are making a delicious and nutritious keto pancake breakfast with blueberries and collagen.
For those who didn’t know, collagen protein is an extremely important type of protein that your body needs and most people don’t get enough from their diets.
Collagen helps with so many functions in your body including digestion and detoxification, as well as rebuilding tendons, joints, cartilage, hair, nails, skin, and organs, etc…
When it comes to choosing collagen for keto diet specifically, Perfect Keto’s Collagen is our #1 choice as it is a completely clean and premium quality product that also has MCTs which helps increase your ketone production.
As for low carb pancakes, erythritol sweetener is a good choice. You can also go with stevia or monk fruit.
One of the main sources of protein in our pancakes is ricotta, but you can replace it with cottage cheese if you like. And also we use only keto friendly foods such as eggs, butter, and coconut flour.
Experiment with berries and other low carb fruits and your table will never be monotonous.
Let’s Ketofy It!
Get your ingredients ready! We used Perfect Keto’s Unflavored Collagen with MCT – it gives a really nice texture and an energy boost from MCTs.
Mix egg, ricotta cheese, lemon juice, erythritol, and zest in a small bowl.
In another bowl, mix all the dried ingredients and then transfer to the wet ingredient mixture above and mix well.
Add blueberries in and fold gently.
In a frying pan over medium heat, melt butter then add pancake batter in. Depending on the size, cook for 3-5 minutes on each side. Repeat until all the batter is used.
Top your cake with a few slices of your choice of low carb fruits, some shredded coconut or any of these keto pancake maple syrup products.
Save this recipe by pinning this picture to your Pinterest board for later use!
- Keto Coconut Flour Pancakes
- Farmer Cheese Pancakes – Russian Style
- Almond Flour Flaxseed Pancakes
- Keto Avocado Collagen Chocolate Smoothie
Keto Collagen Protein Blueberry Pancakes
- In a bowl combine ricotta, erythritol, egg, lemon juice and zest.
- In another bowl mix coconut flour, baking powder, Perfect Keto Unflavored Keto Collagen. Add to ricotta mixture and stir well.
- Fold in blueberries.
- Heat a skillet over medium heat, add butter and cook pancakes for 4-5 minutes or until bubbly, flip and cook for additional 3 minutes.
- Serve pancakes topped with more blueberries, shredded coconut or any other topping of your choice.