It seems that poultry is the second most popular meat in the world after pork. That’s why there is such a huge variety of different cooking methods and preparations, including baking, grilling, barbecuing, frying, and boiling. Today we want to introduce you to Baked Lemon Garlic Chicken Thighs.
This recipe is easy to cook and you don’t need to spend much time on preparation. Baked Lemon Garlic Chicken Thighs is a one-pan dish, so you can easily multiply the amounts of the ingredients according to the needs of your family or guests.
First, you need to make the lemon-garlic sauce for the thighs. After that, pour the prepared sauce into a baking dish. By the way, if you want to add some piquancy, you can swap chicken broth to low-carb white wine. The measurements will be the same. For example, if you use ⅓ cup of chicken broth, you’ll need ⅓ cup of white wine.
Baking your chicken thighs in a delicious sauce creates a crispy outside and tender inside. It’s the perfect combination of flavour! The preparation and spices used in this recipe would work well with just about any type of meat, but we like chicken thighs because it contains more dark meat. For more chicken recipes, check our list here!
To make, you’ll first need to prepare the sauce. Combine cooked garlic with the rest of the seasonings and toss the sauce over the chicken thighs. Then you’ll need to cook them in the oven for 40 minutes or until done. Spoon some of the juice from the pan over the thighs before serving with your favourite low-carb vegetables!
Let’s Do It!
Rub the chicken thighs with olive oil, season with salt and pepper.
Next, make the sauce by sauteing the minced garlic cloves in olive oil to reveal the flavour. Then add chicken broth, lemon zest, lemon juice, Italian seasoning, thyme and sea salt.
Place the thighs over the sauce, arrange some lemon wedges among them, and bake at 400F until golden.
The thighs need to cook for about 40 minutes in the oven before they are ready to serve. Pour over some pan juices when serving to keep the meat tender and juicy.
Also, you can use some other chicken cuts, like breast or drumsticks or whatever you have. We like to use chicken thighs because they are higher in fat than other leaner cuts of meat. Just don’t forget to adjust the cooking time!
More chicken dish ideas you can try:
- Baked Chicken Thighs with Bacon Mushroom Sauce
- Baked Chicken Drumsticks with Mustard and Garlic
- Lemon Butter Chicken Thighs
Keto Baked Lemon Garlic Chicken Thighs
- Preheat the oven to 400 F.
- Heat olive oil in a saucepan on low. Add garlic, and cook for 1 minute or until lightly golden. Turn off the heat, add broth, lemon zest, lemon juice, Italian seasoning, thyme, sea salt to taste and pour into a baking dish.
- Season chicken thighs with salt and pepper, add olive oil and toss to cover.
- Transfer thighs to the baking dish, place over the sauce.
- Arrange lemon wedges among the thighs.
- Bake for 40 minutes or until done and browned.
- Serve hot with the juice from baked chicken.