Need a new chicken recipe to spice up an otherwise bland weeknight dinner? Look no further than this Low Carb Instant Pot Buffalo Chicken recipe.
It’s got all the flavor you need, thanks to the wonderful flavor combination of hot sauce, bleu cheese, sour cream and cream cheese. Plus, it’s high in high and very low in carbs, making it the ideal recipe to support nutritional ketosis. One serving contains nearly 20 grams of fat and only 3 grams of carbs.
You’ll want to make sure to buy high-quality chicken breast from the best butchers. Go for organic, pasture-raised, and antibiotic-free chicken. Not only does it taste better than chemical-laden, conventionally-raised chicken, but it’s also better for you.
Chicken breast on keto diet is a perfect choice. There are so many keto chicken breast recipes you can make.
We use keto-friendly ingredients to flavor the chicken, including hot sauce and a blend of cheeses. Hot sauce is low in calories and carbs, which makes it an ideal way to flavor your food.
It’s also low maintenance. There are no fancy sauces required for this recipe. Just add hot sauce! It couldn’t be simpler, which makes it a good option for a busy weeknight dinner.
Cream cheese and sour cream are good sources of calcium and protein, which are both needed for bone health. Sour cream has the added benefit of providing healthy bacteria, which is needed for gut health.
Research shows that your gut bacteria plays an important role in the onset of human diseases (1). You can support a healthy digestive system by eating plenty of fiber and adding probiotics to your diet. If you’re not big on taking supplements, then sour cream is a good way to sneak some healthy bacteria in.
The best part about this recipe is that you get to use your instant pot! It locks flavor in and makes your meat juicier than oven-baked dishes, which sometimes cause your meat to dry out (especially lean cuts, like chicken or turkey breast).
In our recipes, we use the Instant Pot 3-Quart Duo Mini 7-in-1. This model is ideal to cook for one to two people while the 6-quart and 8-quart models are intended for bigger families.
Let’s Do It!
Mix the hot sauce, sour cream and cream cheese in a box. Add salt and pepper and then mix until smooth.
Put the chicken in the instant pot and add the cream cheese sauce.
Put the lid on and set the instant pot to “sealing.” The press “pressure cook” and cook for 15 minutes on high pressure.
When done, naturally release the steam for 10 minutes then do a quick release to let out the remaining steam.
Shred the chicken with two forks and stir in the bleu cheese crumbles. Let the mixture sit for 10 minutes before serving.
You can use this shredded chicken dip as a filling for your low carb buns or tortillas wraps. If you want to make your own low-carb tortillas from home, try these flaxseed tortillas, zucchini tortillas and cauliflower tortillas.
More Instant Pot Chicken Recipes You Can Try:
Instant Pot Buffalo Chicken Dip
- In a bowl, combine hot sauce, sour cream, and cream cheese. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Mix well until smooth.
- Place chicken slices into the instant pot and pour in your prepared sauce.
- Put the lid on and turn the valve to “sealing.” Press “pressure cook” or “poultry” (for 6 and 8-quart instant pots), set the timer to 15 minutes, and cook at high pressure.
- Once finished cooking, naturally release the pressure for 10 minutes and then do a quick release of the remaining pressure.
- Remove the lid from the instant pot and shred the chicken using two forks.
- Stir in bleu cheese crumbles and let sit for 10 minutes to absorb all the juices and flavors.
- You can serve this Low Carb Instant Pot Buffalo Chicken in low-carb sandwiches or sliders, as bleu cheese crumbles and freshly chopped green onion and serve with vegetables or low-carb chips or crackers.