Think about your favorite chicken wing recipe for a minute. Are your wings baked or fried? Up until now, it seems like those were your only two preparation method options.
We have many many keto chicken wings recipes before but this one is made in an instant pot. This no-fuss method of cooking chicken wings is guaranteed to become your new favorite way to enjoy them.
To prepare, you will need organic, pasture-raised chicken wings, salt, and water. We recommend buying the highest quality chicken that you can find (no antibiotics) as it will enhance the flavor. But what makes this chicken special? It is the sauce.
Not only does it contain traditional seasonings like paprika, garlic powder, oregano, thyme, cinnamon, lime juice and sea salt, but it also includes pickled jalapenos and low-carb enchilada sauce.
The peppers in the recipe give these wings an amazing flavor, and they also pack a nutritious punch. Peppers are high in vitamins A and C, which have antioxidant abilities in the body to reduce inflammation. Research shows that chronic inflammation is responsible for triggering a wide variety of diseases, including cancer (1).
Eating foods with lots of antioxidants can help neutralize free radical toxins, which accumulate in your cells and tissues, affecting the way they work.
In addition to protecting against potentially serious diseases, you’ll also help aid weight loss, stabilize blood sugar levels, improve skin, hair, and nail health, and keep your heart working properly as these are all conditions that are affected by inflammation.
Peppers also contain an active compound capsaicin, which has anti-obesity abilities (2). Research shows that capsaicin “heats up” the body due to its thermogenic effect (3). This can help you burn more calories. Who doesn’t want that?
These wings are unbreaded, which helps keep the carbs down. Traditional wings tend to be coated in enriched flour or breadcrumbs and then fried in high-inflammatory vegetable oils.
The best part is that the instant pot does all the work for you! You’ll just need to pop these in the oven for a few minutes to broil at the end.
In our Instant Pot recipes, we use the 3-Quart Duo Mini 7-in-1 model. It’s incredibly easy to use. Just follow the recipe instructions and enjoy!
Let’s Do It!
Season the chicken wings with sea salt. Pour water into the instant pot and set a trivet or a steaming basket inside. Put the wings on top.
Place the lid on and set your instant pot to “sealing.” Then press “pressure cook” and cook on high for 5 minutes.
Mix all sauce ingredients together in a bowl. Set aside.
When the wings are done, do a quick steam release. Take the wings out and toss with half of the sauce mixture.
Set your oven to broil and transfer the chicken wings to an oven-safe tray lined with foil, parchment paper, or a baking mat. Broil for 3 to 5 minutes on each side.
When done, transfer the wings to a plate and coat with the other half of the sauce. Serve warm!
More Low-Carb Chicken Recipes You Can Make:
- Keto Instant Pot Buffalo Chicken Dip
- Keto Spicy Korean Chicken Wings
- Keto Spicy Dry Rub Baked Chicken Wings
- Spicy Baked Buffalo Chicken Wings
Instant Pot Spicy Chicken Wings
- Season chicken wings with sea salt.
- Pour water into the instant pot. Place a trivet or steaming basket inside and arrange the wings on top.
- Put the lid on and turn the valve to “sealing.” Press “pressure cook” (manual) and cook at high pressure for 5 minutes.
- While wings are cooking, prepare the sauce. In a bowl, mix together all sauce ingredients and set aside.
- Once the cooking time ends, quick release the pressure. Take the chicken wings out of the instant pot and toss with half of the prepared sauce.
- Set your oven to broil. Transfer chicken wings onto a baking sheet covered with foil, parchment paper, or a baking mat and broil for 3-5 minutes on each side or until crisp to your liking.
- Transfer wings to a platter, pour the remaining sauce on top and toss to coat. Serve garnished with chopped parsley (optional).