Whether you need something affordable that feeds your entire family, or you want the highest-quality organic and grass-fed meat available, we’ve done the research for you here so that you can pick the best meat delivery service for you.
In a rush? Here’s our list of companies and what they’re best for, in our opinion:
|ButcherBox||Grass-Finished Meat Subscription|
|Farm Foods||Farm-Fresh Meat|
|Porter Road||Stay at Home Bundle|
|FreshDirect||Full Grocery Delivery Service|
|Premier Meat Company||Wagyu Meat|
|Crowd Cow||Most Affordable and Some Cheap Choices|
|Seven Sons Farms||Family-Owned Farm|
|Greensbury||Organic Meats & Sustainable Seafood|
|Top Butcher||Online Butcher Shop|
Shopping for meat online might sound strange, but it’s a great way to guarantee you’ll get the cuts you want without standing in line at a grocery store. Meat delivery services are growing in popularity due to their convenience and wide selection.
The meat is usually delivered right to your door in an insulated package, either fresh or frozen. In most cases, you don’t even have to be home or answer the door when it arrives.
Ordering meat online also ensures that you know exactly where your meat is sourced from and how much is on the way, which is ideal for meal prepping and planning.
Here are the top meat delivery companies when it comes to buying the best meat online in bulk:
A ButcherBox monthly meat delivery subscription ensures that you have access to the finest meat in the world. They offer 100% grass-fed and grass-finished beef, heritage breed pork, and free-range organic chicken. All meat is humanely raised and free from hormones and antibiotics.
You can pick from the following five meat box choices:
- Custom box: contains 9-14 pounds of meat and you can choose from over 20 cuts of chicken, beef, and pork
- Mixed box: contains 8.5-11 pounds of meat, including 2 pounds of ground beef, 2 New York strip steaks, 4 top sirloin steaks, 11 pounds of whole pork tenderloin, and 3 pounds of boneless skinless chicken breast
- Beef and pork box: contains 8-11 pounds of meat, including 2 pounds of ground beef, 2 New York strip steaks, 4 top sirloin steaks, 4 boneless pork chops, and 2 pounds of whole pork tenderloin
- Chicken and beef box: contains 8.5-11 pounds of meat, including 2 pounds of ground beef, 2 New York strip steaks, 4 top sirloin steaks, 3 pounds of boneless skinless chicken breast, and 3 pounds of chicken drumsticks
- All beef box: contains 8-10 pounds of meat, including 2 pounds of ground beef, 2 New York strip steaks, 1 pound of steak tips, 2+ pounds of chuck roast, and 4 top sirloin steaks
At the time of this writing, ButcherBox is currently on a waitlist due to high demand. But we can speak from experience when we say that it’s worth the wait! Read our full ButcherBox review.
#2. Farm Foods
Farm Foods allows you to pick your meat and seafood from 14 different family-owned farms. You can read about each individual farm on the website and shop the different meats that they offer.
The descriptions provided tell you about how the meat is raised and whether or not it contains antibiotics or hormones. You can also see pictures of the farmers and read about their stories.
The website allows you to shop for your beef, pork, chicken, and seafood by the cut. You can also pick from other meat, including lamb, pheasant, duck, elk, grass-fed bison, and more. This is the best place to buy meat in bulk online.
They have an impressive line of grass-fed beef products where you’ll find just about every part of the animal for sale, including:
- Ground beef
- Beef marrow bones
- Beef fat pieces
- Beef heart, tongue, and kidney
- And much more!
They also have various pasture-raised chicken cuts, wild-caught seafood, heritage pork cuts, and sausage links. You can shop for individual meats and checkout without having to sign up for a meat delivery subscription. The minimum order is 10 pounds and shipping is always free.
We had the pleasure of trying a box from Farmfoods and loved the wide selection we received, including beef sticks, wild-caught salmon, various cuts of beef, and even elk. The box arrived in a styrofoam container. The meat was frozen and packed in dry ice. We noticed that the box appeared to be colder than other meat boxes we have tried that ship their meats in cardboard.
If you eat a lot of meat like we do, then you can tell the difference between conventionally raised meat and meat that was raised with care by a small farmer. Farmfoods delivery service is a great way to cut out the middleman and order direct from the farm. You’ll be supporting small farmers and their families instead of a large corporation.
#3. Porter Road
Porter Road meats are pasture-raised and contain no hormones or antibiotics. They are sourced from pastures in Tennessee and Kentucky where the meat is dry-aged and hand cut at the company’s facilities. The company guarantees that once you taste their meat, you won’t want anything else!
You can subscribe for a box to be delivered to your door every 2, 4, or 8 weeks.
Pick from the following boxes:
- Beef and pork basics: 9 pounds of meat, contains 2 dry-aged sirloin filets, 2 pork chops, 5 pounds of dry-aged ground beef, and 2 pounds of ground pork
- Stay at home bundle: 11 pound of meat, contains 5 pounds of dry-aged ground beef, 2 pounds of ground pork, 2 pounds of loose Italian sausage, and 2 pounds of country breakfast sausage
- Butcher’s Choice Box: 10 pounds of meat, contains 2 dry-aged steaks, 2 pork chops, 1 pound of ground beef and 1 pound of bacon
- Best of PorterRoad Box: 8 pounds of meat, contains a variety of pasture-raised meats
- Grill Master Box: 6 pounds of meat, contains a selection of pasture-raised meats
We had the pleasure of trying PorterRoad and can verify the claims that this meat tastes amazing! We recommend going with the stay at home bundle as it contains the best value. At the time of this writing, the company will ship orders approximately one week after placing them due to high demand.
FreshDirect is an online grocery delivery service with a meat, seafood, and poultry section. You can order beef, lamb, pork, veal, chicken, turkey, duck, specialty meats, and seafood.
There are several categories that you can browse, including organic, kosher, value packs, direct from the farm, local, top-rated, and more. You can also shop for different cuts of meat.
FreshDirect doesn’t send you a box of meat every month like most companies on this list. Instead, you can shop for groceries and add them to your cart like you would do with any online retailer. This gives you complete control over what you’re buying. Along with ordering meat, you can also order produce, alcohol, frozen items, dairy, and other grocery staples.
You’ll need to sign up for an account to use this service. The prices for each food item are listed below the item description, but you may have to pay for shipping, depending on where you live.
At the time of this writing, you can get $5 off any order placed on Tuesday through Friday. On your second order, you can reserve a weekly time slot. You can also get a 60 day trial with free delivery.
#5. Premier Meat Company
Premier Meat Company is an online store that offers humanely-raised meats sourced from natural, sustainable farms. The company features a “smart-farm” environment that they claim goes above and beyond “green” and “natural.”
They offer a wide selection of wagyu meat, including Japanese, olive, Australian, and American wagyu. You can also order various other cuts of beef, pork, poultry, and seafood. The pork has never been treated with antibiotics or hormones, and the chicken is 100% organic.
The online shop works similar to any online store. You add what you want to your cart and check out at the end. The meat will be sent to you fresh (not frozen) in an insulated box where it will be safe to eat for 72 hours before it needs to be refrigerated.
There are no subscriptions necessary and you can save money by shopping in bulk. We recommend the Perfect Gift box, which contains the following 7.5 pounds of meat:
- 8 oz outside skirt steaks prime (4 each)
- 6 oz filet mignon prime (2 each)
- 12 oz new york strips prime (2 each)
- 16 oz ribeye steaks prime (2 each)
- 2 pounds of wagyu burgers
#6. Crowd Cow
Crowd Cow is an online meat and seafood delivery service that offers affordable options, including free-range chicken, beef, wagyu, sustainable seafood, lamb, pork, and more. You can choose from grass-fed, grass-finished, and American or Japanese wagyu beef.
They also offer pasture-raised chicken, bison, and American lamb. You can get free-range chicken drumsticks starting at $8, which makes this one of the most affordable meat delivery services we’ve seen.
Crowd Cow requires you to sign up for a subscription to receive their boxes, but you can pick the meats and schedule you want. Most subscriptions are monthly, but you can skip months or adjust your schedule as needed.
Members get 5% off and free shipping on every box over $99. Plus, you’ll get exclusive access to new products. All meat is free from unnecessary antibiotics and hormones. They also offer grain-fed meat if you’re looking for something more affordable. Read our Crowd Cow review for more details!
Moink offers meat subscription boxes from family farms, including grass-fed and grass-finished beef and lamb, pasture-raised born and chicken, and wild-caught salmon.
The meat is also free from food dyes, nitrates and nitrites, sugar, GMO grains, saline solutions and all other junk. The salmon is wild-caught from one of the last independent fishermen in Bristol Bay, Alaska, according to the website. We like that the boxes are completely customizable.
You can pick from the following ethical boxes:
- Medium box: comes with beef rump roast (2 pounds), chicken drumsticks 1.5 pounds), chicken wings (1.5 pounds), chuck roast/arm roast (1.5 pounds), flank steak (1 pound), 80/20 ground beef (3 pounds), large sockeye salmon filet (1.75-2 pounds), pork breakfast sausage (1 pound), and 6 ounce sockeye salmon filet (2 each)
- Small no pork box: comes with beef stew meat (1 pound), 8-10 ounce boneless ribeye (2 each), chicken drumsticks (1.5 pounds), chicken wings (1.5 pounds), chuck roast/arm roast (1.5 pounds), 80/20 ground beef (2 pounds), 6 ounce sockeye salmon filet (2 each)
- Medium no pork box: comes with beef rump roast (2 pounds), chicken drumsticks (1.5 pounds), chicken wings (1.5 pounds), chuck roast/arm roast (1.5 pounds), flank steak (1 pound), 80/20 ground beef (3 pounds), large sockeye salmon filet (1.75-2 pounds), and 6 ounce sockeye salmon filet (2 each)
- Small box: chicken drumsticks (1.5 pounds), chuck roast/arm roast (1.5 pounds), 80/20 ground beef (3 pounds), 8 ounce New York strip (2 each), pork shoulder steak (2 pounds), and 6 ounce sockeye salmon filet (2 each)
#8. Seven Sons Farms
Seven Sons farms is a family-owned farm that offers 100% grass-fed beef and pasture-raised pork, eggs, and poultry, and wild-caught seafood. The meat is ethical, raised humanely on pastures, and contains no hormones, antibiotics, or GMOs.
The farm utilizes regenerative farming practices and is open to the public where you can take wagon rides throughout the property. There are no monthly commitments and you can order weekly if you wish. There is no shipping on orders over $149.
You can select from the following categories:
- All star offers
- Pastured pork, lamb, poultry, or eggs
- Grass-fed dairy
- Grass-fed bison
- Fish and seafood
- Bones and organs
- Premium Reserve collection
- Groceries (snacks, bulk fruit, and vegetables)
Seven Sons Farms offers several boxes that you can order. However, the prices are only revealed if you sign up for an account. Some of the meat boxes that you can get are the family value box, the 20 pack of ground beef bundle, the 29 pound beef staples box, or the bison box.
You can also get a 1/8th beef box (35 pounds) or a 29 pound pork staples box. The premium reserve collection includes cuts such as gourmet ground beef, smoked pork chop, sugar-free steak-cut bacon, Alaskan halibut steaks, king Alaskan salmon filets, and much more.
#9. Marx Foods
Marx Foods is an online grocery store that sells meat, poultry, seafood, and produce. They have one of the best meat selections we’ve seen online. Options include beef, pork, wild boar, lamb, venison, bison, veal, elk, kangaroo, rabbit, ostrich, alligator, turtle, goat, camel, frog and snakes.
They are best known for their grass-fed lamb and beef. They also offer organic chicken that is non-GMO, free range, GAP step 3 certified, certified halal, and does not use antibiotics or animal by-products in its feed.
Marx Foods allows you to order by the cut. However, the majority of their meats are sold in bulk and range around $100 and up. They offer sampler packages that allow you to try several meats at once, including the following:
- Culinary favorites box: 12 cuts
- Everyday favorites box: 22 cuts
- Fire up the grill sampler: 26 cuts
- Meats of Spain: 32 cuts
- Dinner Winners: 20 cuts
- Supreme steakhouse: 10 cuts
- Little Italy: 20 cuts
- Iberico pork sampler: 9 cuts
- Mama’s cooking sampler: 12 cuts
- Grill ninja: 33 cuts
- 12 variety sausage sampler: 48 links
Marx Foods offers one subscription box: the chef at home box. It comes with five different proteins. Each protein feeds between four and eight people.
Cuts range between 8 ounce and 22 ounce portions and each box weighs between 13 and 16 pounds. This box can be delivered every month on the date of your choice.
Greensbury offers organic, grass-fed beef, organic, free-range poultry, and sustainable, wild seafood. The company has been in business for over a decade and they hand-pick their products from the best organic farms, fisheries and ranches in the United States.
They use rollstock packaging, flash freezing, and state of the art technology to keep your meat fresh until it arrives at your door. You can also order bison, pork, and game meat. All poultry is certified organic with no antibiotics ever, and the pork is heritage breed.
You can order individual meat packages or choose from one of their prepackaged boxes, including the following:
- Family staples pack: 12 servings of organic meats (bacon, chicken breasts, and ground beef)
- Breakfast sampler pack: 6 packs (8 slices each) of organic bacon and 3 packs of sausage
- Seafood sampler: 15 servings of 4 atlantic salmon fillets (6 ounces each), 1 pound wild key west shrimp (27-30 per bag), 4 wild yellowfin tuna steaks (6 ounces each), and 4 wild halibut fillets (6 ounces each)
- Beef bone bundle pack: 25 pounds of meat
- Lily’s ladle bone broth: 3 pack of bone broth (16 ounces each)
- Organic grass-fed beef sampler: 14 servings of beef, including 4 filet mignon steaks (6 ounces each), 2 pounds of ground beef, 2 New York strip steaks (10 ounces each), and 2 flank steaks (8 ounces each)
- Mixed sampler: 20 servings, including 2 pounds of ground beef, 2 skirt steaks (8 ounces each), 2 wild sockeye salmon filets (6 ounces each), 2.5 pounds of boneless pork loin roast, and 2 chicken thighs (8 ounces each)
- Not just beef bones pack: 24 cups of bone broth, 6 servings of ground beef, and 6 servings of stew meat
Be sure to check the website for more details. At the time of this writing, several prepackaged boxes were out of stock.
#11. Top Butcher
Top Butcher is an online butcher shop that delivers. They allow you to shop by choosing your cut. You can pick from beef, pork, poultry, lamb and veal, burgers, and sausages. All meats are prepared in a USDA-inspected facility to ensure safety and quality.
They are also hand-selected and hand-packaged for each delivery. The meats do not appear to be organic, and we noticed that the bacon contains added sugars. However, there is no subscription required, and the boxes are a good value if you’re feeding a family.
You can shop individual meat items or choose from one of the following combo boxes:
- Basic stock up box: 2.5 pounds of thick cut bacon, 2 pounds of ground beef, 2 pounds of stew meat for kabobs, 4 pieces of 8 ounce choice New York strips, 4 pieces of bacon wrapped pork tenderloin, and 2 pounds of chicken breast chunks
- BBQ box: 2 pieces of baby back ribs, one pack of Eisenberg hot dogs, 2 pieces of 24 ounce porterhouse steaks, 2 whole Amish chickens, 2 pounds house made Italian sausage, and 12 pieces of 4 ounce burger patties
- Beef and sausage combo box: 5 pounds of Italian beef with gravy, 5 pounds of Italian sausage (choose from hot or mild), 1 jar of hot giardiniera, and 1 jar of mild giardiniera
- Deluxe stock up box: 2.5 pounds of thick cut bacon, 2 pounds of ground beef, 2 pounds of stew meat for kabobs, 2 pieces of 12 ounces choice New York strip steaks, 3 pounds of chuck roast, and 2 pieces of 12 ounce choice New York steaks, 4 pieces of bacon wrapped pork tenderloin, 4 pieces of 6 ounce boneless pork chops, and 2 pounds of chicken breast chunks
- Economy stock up box: 2.5 pounds of thick cut bacon, 2 pounds of ground beef, 2 pounds of stew meat for kabobs, 4 pieces of 12 ounce choice New York strip steaks, 4 pieces of 6 ounce boneless pork chops, and 2 pounds of chicken breast chunks
- Roast and grill stock up box: 2.5 pounds of restaurant bacon, 1 pack of small breakfast links, 2 pounds of stew meat for kabobs, 2 pounds of 4 ounce Angus beef patties, 2 pounds of chicken breast chunks, 3 pounds of chuck roast, and 1 flank steak
Top Butcher also offers several gift boxes. They have a gourmet specialty section and a seafood menu that consists of Mahi Mahi, Ahi tuna steaks, and wild-caught Coho salmon filets.
Ordering meat online is a great way to stock up on the essential items you need without leaving the house. The list we provided above is a great place to start if you’re not sure where to order from.
Most of the meat on this list is very high-quality with organic, grass-fed, pasture-raised, and wild-caught options. Bundling your meat appears to be the best way to save money and cash in on free shipping.
Go with a conventional brand of meat if you’re looking for the most affordable options. You may need to sign up for a meat delivery subscription to use some of the options on this list, but others allow you to add items to your cart and check out just like any online retailer.
Some websites also sell other grocery items, like fruits and vegetables, so that you can do all of your shopping in one place!
*Photo by Nitrub/depositphotos