Another great Keto Snack that you can try is zucchini fries with flax meal. So why flaxseed? The flax seed has a big nutrient payload. It is gluten-free, high-fiber and low-carb which is especially great for ketoers.
A serving of flax seeds (1 ounce or 3 tbsp or 28g) contains:
- Total carb 8.1g
- Fiber 7.6g
- Net carb 0.5g
- Protein 5.1g
- Fat 11.8g
- Omega-3 (ALA) 6,388mg
- Ion 9% RDA
- Vitamin B1 (Thiamine) 31% RDA
- Manganese 35% RDA
- Magnesium 27% RDA
- Phosphorus 18% RDA
- Selenium 10% RDA
- Copper 17% RDA
Some of the main health benefits of flaxseed include:
- a protective effect against colon cancer, prostate cancer, and breast cancer
- help the cardiovascular system thanks to the omega-3s content
- reduce inflammation thanks to the ALA and lignans in flaxseed
In the very beginning when you start keto diet, you often feel hungry and wonder what you can eat for snack. So here’s an idea for a mid day snack: zucchini breaded in flax meal (grounded flax seeds). Hope you enjoy this recipe and don’t forget to give it a try.
When you fry these zucchini sticks don’t cook it through, remove it to a plate with paper towel as soon as crust forms on all sides. You don’t want to over cook zucchini. You can serve it with some Greek yogurt or sour cream-based low-carb dips.
I served it with Greek yogurt mixed with fresh dill, grated fresh cucumber, pinch of cumin and cardamom. Give this recipe a try today and see how you like it.
Let’s Ketofy It!
After washing the zucchini, cut them into sticks. You can slice them as thin as you prefer. Sprinkle them with salt, smoked paprika, and pepper enough to flavor.
Crack the two eggs in a bowl and beat them until they are nice and bubbly.
Combine the oils in a preheated pan while preparing the zucchini.
Dip the sticks in the beaten egg. Make sure to cover them completely so that the flax meal crumbs will not fall off. Afterwards, roll them in the crumbs and gently place them in the pre-heated oil. Remove from the heat once the fries become nice and golden.
Transfer them to a plate. Best eaten with your preferred dip.
- Keto Zucchini Chicken Enchiladas
- Keto Cheesy Steak Zucchini Boats
- Eggplant Chips with Herbs and Olive Oil
Keto Zucchini Fries With Flax Meal
- Chop the zucchini to make long sticks. Flavor with smoked paprika, pepper, and salt.
- Beat the two eggs in a bowl.
- Heat the skillet and pour the olive oil and coconut oil in the pan.
- Submerge the zucchini sticks in the beaten eggs and roll them in flaxseed meal crumb. Coat entirely. Brown them in the heated oil.
- Serve with your favorite low-carb dip on the side.