Zucchini Fries With Flaxseed Meal
Another great Keto Snack that you can try is zucchini fries with flax meal. So why flaxseed? The flax seed has a big nutrient payload. It is gluten-free, high-fiber and low-carb which is especially great for ketoers.
A serving of flax seeds (1 ounce or 3 tbsp or 28g) contains:
- Total carb 8.1g
- Fiber 7.6g
- Net carb 0.5g
- Protein 5.1g
- Fat 11.8g
- Omega-3 (ALA) 6,388mg
- Ion 9% RDA
- Vitamin B1 (Thiamine) 31% RDA
- Manganese 35% RDA
- Magnesium 27% RDA
- Phosphorus 18% RDA
- Selenium 10% RDA
- Copper 17% RDA
Some of the main health benefits of flaxseed include:
- a protective effect against colon cancer, prostate cancer, and breast cancer
- help the cardiovascular system thanks to the omega-3s content
- reduce inflammation thanks to the ALA and lignans in flaxseed
In the very beginning when you start keto diet, you often feel hungry and wonder what you can eat for snack. So here’s an idea for a mid day snack: zucchini breaded in flax meal (grounded flax seeds). Hope you enjoy this recipe and don’t forget to give it a try.
Receive Our Free 7-Day Keto Meal Plans + Weekly Recipes
Zucchini Fries With Flax Meal
- Chop the zucchini to make long sticks. Flavor with smoked paprika, pepper, and salt.
- Beat the two eggs in a bowl.
- Heat the skillet and pour the olive oil and coconut oil in the pan.
- Submerge the zucchini sticks in the beaten eggs and roll them in flaxseed meal crumb. Coat entirely. Brown them in the heated oil.
- Serve with your favorite low-carb dip on the side.