If you have a busy schedule and don’t want to spend all your free time on cooking then this is for you. Roasted vegetables salad! Easy to make, not messy, and could be served in a few ways or saved for later use.
You can serve this salad with baked salmon or any type of meat you like. Here are some tips when making this dish:
- mixing hot vegetables with greens would make greens to wilt. Not something you want to end up with
- while roasting tomatoes release some juice so mixed with olive oil you get ready dressing, no need to add anything else (in my humble opinion)
- mix veggies and greens before immediate consumption, veggies juice would make greens soggy if stay too long
- you can also roast eggplant, jalapeño, asparagus, mushrooms.
Serving options: it could be served with strips of bacon on a side or fish filet (I go with salmon ). It could be a great topping for burger patty. It could also be mixed with zucchini noodles. Roasted vegetables could be stored in the fridge and added to your dishes at any time.
Let’s Ketofy It!
Wash all of the vegetables completely just to make sure they are clean. Place them on a chopping board and cut into bite-sized pieces. Transfer the vegetable pieces in a tray. Flavor them with generous amounts of olive oil, salt, and pepper.
Place the cloves of garlic on a sheet of foil and fold the sides to enclose the cloves securely.
Once your oven preheats at 400 F, roast the wrapped garlic and vegetables until they become nice and juicy to your liking. This can take from 20-25 minutes.
Prepare the other leafy vegetables while roasting. Chop the leaves into pieces.
After 20-25 minutes, remove the pan and garlic from the oven. Allow them to cool for a minute or two before transferring to a serving plate.
For the garlic, remove the shells then squeeze the cloves in a garlic press.
Add the pressed garlic with the vegetables and chopped greens before flavoring with more olive oil.
Enjoy with friends and family. You can also serve the salad with any protein, either fish or meat of your choice.
- Wedge Salad with Iceberg Lettuce
- Chicken Salad Stuffed Avocados
- Arugula Salad with Parmesan and Cherry Tomatoes
Roasted Vegetables Salad
- 300 g zucchini
- 200 g cherry tomatoes
- 200 g green pepper
- 100 g arugula chopped
- 100 g spinach chopped
- 10 basil leaves fresh, optional
- 100 g onion optional, could be substituted with asparagus
- 10 cloves garlic
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Dice the vegetables and arrange them neatly on a tray. Drizzle with a generous amount of olive oil and flavor with salt and pepper.
- Wrap the garlic in a foil.
- Roast the veggies and garlic in the preheated 400°F oven for 20-25 minutes.
- While roasting, cut the greens to pieces.
- Remove the veggies and garlic from the oven and let stand to cool.
- Peel off the shell of the roasted garlic. Squeeze the garlic with a garlic press to make a finer texture.
- Combine all of the ingredients together. Drizzle more olive oil on the vegetables.
- Serve and enjoy! Best eaten with your favorite fish or meat.