Zucchini is one of the most versatile vegetables in the low carb world because there are so many amazing dishes you can cook with it.
For the fillings, we’ll use beefsteak as the main source of protein, an excellent source of vitamins B, zinc and iron.
We also added mozzarella which gives it a cheesy and delicious taste. It is also rich in protein and healthy fats for your body.
To make the zucchini boats, you need to remove the inside of the zucchini so it gives room for the fillings. If you don’t have zucchini, you can replace it with eggplant.
You can experiment with various condiments. If you do not like coriander, you can replace it with cumin, garam masala or don’t use anything at all. Just follow your taste preferences. Enjoy your meal!
Let’s Ketofy It!
Cut zucchini in half lengthwise, remove the inside and reserve it in a bowl for later use. Make sure you cut the inside into small bits.
In a baking tray, gently place zucchini in. Lightly season it with olive oil, salt, and pepper. Bake for 15 minutes at 350F.
In the meantime, prepare the fillings. Season beefsteak slices with salt, pepper and coriander powder. Set aside to let it marinate.
In a frying pan over medium-high heat, add olive oil in. Saute the reserved zucchini with sliced bell pepper, onion, garlic powder, salt and pepper for 5 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
In the same pan, add olive oil in and saute the meat. Add oregano in for extra flavor. Cook for 2-3 minutes per side until it’s cooked.
Finally, assemble the zucchini boats: Add cooked beef, cooked vegetables in the zucchini then top with mozzarella cheese. Bake again in the oven for 8-10 minutes. Remove and serve.
Save this recipe by pinning this picture to your Pinterest board for later use!
Keto Cheesy Steak Zucchini Boats
- 2 zucchini halved
- 1/2 lb flat iron steak or sirloin steak, thinly sliced against the grain.
- 1/2 red onion chopped
- 1/2 red bell pepper sliced
- 1 cup Mozzarella shredded
- 1/4 tsp coriander powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 3 tbsp olive oil divided
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp fresh cilantro chopped (for garnish, optional)
- Cut zucchini in half lengthwise, scoop out the inside into the bowl and reserve it for later.
- Place zucchini boats into a baking tray, sprinkle with olive oil, season with salt and pepper and bake at 350F for 15 minutes.
- Heat a tablespoon of olive oil in the frying pan, add onion, bell pepper, reserved zucchini, season with garlic powder, salt and pepper and cook stirring for 5 minutes or until tender. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- Season sliced beef with coriander powder, salt and pepper. Add a tablespoon of olive oil to the same pan and increase the heat to high. Add sliced beef and oregano and fry for 2-3 minutes per side.
- Load zucchini boats with cooked beef, cooked vegetables, sprinkle with mozzarella and return back to the oven for 8-10 minutes.
- Serve garnished with chopped cilantro (optional).
- Grilled Stuffed Zucchini with Bacon
- Keto Grilled Steak Rolls
- Stuffed Zucchini with Ground Meat and Cheese
Recipe adapted from Delish.