Keto Savory Parmesan Almond Flour Biscuits
The smell of fresh baked goods is one of those smells that makes you feel comfortable as soon as you sense it. It is the kind of trigger that makes you look forward to a meal, just as this biscuit, which is a perfect pair for a soup at dinner time or tea and coffee in the afternoon as a snack.
This Savory Parmesan Almond Biscuits recipe is very easy and can be made in just a few minutes. It is very important to notice that the butter and egg are both at room temperature, to obtain the best result.
If you fail to do so, the butter and the egg will separate from each other and the biscuit will not be fluffy and light, making this a very important step on this recipe. I would recommend removing both, the egg and the butter, from the refrigerator at least an hour before you start cooking.
Coconut flour can be used in place of almond flour and any other sharp hard cheese can be added in place of the Parmesan.
If you like this recipe and want to try new flavors, I would suggest adding dry herbs and sprinkle the same herbs on top before baking the biscuits. I particularly like rosemary as an option, just need to have a light hand, as this herb can overpower, but this would make a phenomenal side to any chicken dish.
I particularly love eating this biscuit as a side to a nice warm soup. It can hold butter or can be dipped if this is how you like to eat your soup. Either way, you will not regret making this!
Save this recipe by pinning this picture to your Pinterest board for later use!
- Low Carb Cheddar Bay Biscuits
- Glazed Blackberry Scones
- Almond and Coconut Flour Chocolate Chip Cookies
Receive Our Free 7-Day Keto Meal Plan + Weekly Recipes
Parmesan Almond Flour Biscuits
- Preheat your oven to 350°F.
- Put the butter in a mixer and beat for around 5 minutes till it becomes fluffy. Pour the heavy cream in and continue beating for 2-3 more minutes. Mix in the egg, as well as the finely grated Parmesan, almond flour, and baking soda. Black pepper to taste.
- Line some parchment paper on a baking sheet and coat with butter or coconut oil. Plop 1 tbsp of the dough on the baking sheet. Repeat to make about 10-12 balls. Top with the shredded Parmesan cheese.
- Leave in the oven for 5-7 minutes. Once the base of the biscuit turns golden brown, transfer to a cooling rack. Serve with the dish of your choice.