With this recipe, you’ll get excellent beef meatballs which will load your body with fat and protein almost without carbs. Mint gremolata adds exceptional flavor to the meatballs.
Gremolata or gremolada is made of lemon zest, garlic, parsley, and mint. It is a chopped herb condiment and á traditional accompaniment to serve with meat dishes.
We use Za’atar seasoning for our meat. It’s simply made of Thyme, Roasted Sesame Seeds, Sumac, Marjoram, and Oregano. You can try other seasonings of your choice.
You can serve these meatballs with zucchini spaghetti or low carb salad.
Save this recipe by pinning this picture to your Pinterest board for later use!
Beef Meatballs With Mint Gremolata
For the meatballs
For the gremolata
- 2 tbsp parsley chopped fresh
- 2 tbsp mint chopped fresh
- 1 tbsp lime zest
- 2 cloves garlic minced
For the meatballs:
- Put together all of the ingredients for the meatball in a medium bowl. Stir well until all are mixed. Place a spoonful of the flavored beef in your hands and roll into 1 ½ inch balls. Repeat until all the meat is used.
- Place a nonstick pan over a medium heat. Pour some olive oil and wait until heated. Brown the meatballs for 2-3 minutes a side until golden on each side. Transfer to a paper towel to absorb the oil. Set aside.
For the gremolata:
- Use a small bowl to stir together the ingredients. Mix thoroughly.
- Serve the meatballs in a plate and garnish with the gremolata. Best served warm.