Sometimes it’s good to have a low carb snack to help you stick to your diet without reaching for something carby and sugary. Cheese biscuits can be a good choice. Today we’re showing you how to make keto-friendly savory biscuits with cheese and coconut flour.
Cheese, just like butter, cream and any dairy products naturally taste sweet. So when cooking something with cheese and coconut, adding a pinch of Himalayan salt can create the effect of salted caramel where it will taste good for both sweet and salty snack.
Xanthan gum is a natural food thicker commonly used in ketogenic dieting foods, especially in gluten-free baking recipes, to keep the form and appearance.
Cooking tip: instead of just forming balls and baking them, next time you can try using a cupcake or donut baking mold so that the final result would be more interesting and creative.
Let’s Ketofy It!
Preheat the oven to 400F and line parchment paper on a baking tray.
Add coconut flour and xanthan gum in a bowl and mix well.
In a different bowl, combine eggs, melted butter, onion powder, minced garlic, oregano, salt, and pepper and mix well. Add coconut-xantham gum mixture in and whisk until it becomes a homogeneous mixture.
Add mozzarella and parmesan in the bowl and stir well.
Use a spoon or an ice cream scoop to form small balls.
Bake for 10-15 minutes and enjoy!
Save this recipe by pinning this picture to your Pinterest board for later use!
- Keto Savory Parmesan Almond Flour Biscuits
- Low Carb Cheddar Bay Biscuits
- Keto Ham and Cheese Savory Scones
Keto Coconut Flour Biscuits with Garlic and Cheese
- Preheat the oven to 400F and line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- In a bowl combine coconut flour with xanthan gum.
- Mix beaten eggs, melted butter, minced garlic, onion powder, oregano, salt and pepper in a separate bowl and whisk in coconut flour with xanthan gum.
- Add shredded mozzarella, parmesan and stir well.
- With 2 teaspoons scoop the mixture and form small balls.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes and enjoy!