Avocados are one of those foods that can go from savory to sweet. This fruit has many health benefits and is an excellent source of healthy fats and adds creaminess to any dish.
In many countries around the world, avocados are mainly used on sweet and desserts but the fact is that this fruit has a very neutral flavor which makes it a great component for both sweet and savory dishes.
There are hundreds of types of avocados in the world, but no matter what type of avocado you use on this recipe, they will all bring that creaminess making this dessert luscious and delicious.
This is a tropical dessert since it has all the tropical flavors from the coconut and the Brazil nuts.
When making the bars, I used liquid stevia but you can use regular powder stevia or erythritol if that is all you have on hand. In that case, please watch for the correct conversion to avoid being too sweet or not sweet enough.
If you can’t find Brazil nuts, you can substitute for any other nuts or even with a high percentage cacao dark chocolate or unsweetened cocoa nibs.
Another possible change for this recipe is using coconut milk or cream in the place of yogurt. This will really add to the creaminess of this dish.
You can even freeze this ice cream into small teaspoon bite sizes if you want something that you can grab and eat as you go.
Let’s Do It!
Mix all ingredients, except the nuts and coconut, on a food processor or high-quality blender and blend it until smooth.
Remove the mixture from the food processor and add to a mixing bowl. Add the chopped nuts and shredded coconut, taste it and adjust the stevia to your preference.
Once the mixture is complete transfer it to a baking sheet or baking pan covered with parchment paper and greased with coconut oil.
Sprinkle with coconut and take to the freezer for at least 2 hours.
Remove from the freezer and cut into squares. Keep it on the freezer. This will keep well in the freezer for about 30 days.
Save this recipe by pinning this picture to your Pinterest board for later use!
Avocado Ice Cream Bars with Coconut and Brazil Nuts
- 2 avocados
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 10-20 drops liquid stevia up to your liking
- 3 tbsp Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup Brazil Nuts chopped
- 2 tbsp shredded coconut unsweetened
- Use a high-quality blender or a food processor to combine all of the ingredients (excluding the coconut and nuts). Blend thoroughly to produce a homogeneous mixture.
- Transfer the mixture to a mixing bowl and stir with the shredded coconut and chopped nuts. Add more stevia if preferred.
- Cover a baking sheet or baking pan with some parchment paper and spray coconut oil on top. Pour the mixture into the baking sheet.
- Dust with more shredded coconut on top. Freeze for at least 2 hours.
- Take out the baking sheet from the freezer and slice into square portions. The ice cream can be stored for about 30 days in the freezer.
- If ready to serve, transfer to a plate and enjoy while cold.