Chocolate chip cookies are one of the delights that we learned in our childhood and can continue to enjoy throughout life. With a ketogenic way of eating, you can create gluten-free and sugar-free cookies that are healthy and delicious.
Today we will show you our low-carb chocolate chip cookies recipe using almond flour, coconut flour, baking powder, butter, egg, chocolate chips, vanilla, sweetener, and almond slices.
The number of almond slices can be adjusted according to your macros. If you don’t have almonds, you can use other nuts, such as pecans, Brazil nuts, macadamias, or walnuts.
This recipe is a great way to make use of the coconut and almond flours sitting in your pantry. Together, coconut and almond flours provide the cookie with a soft, crunchy texture, similar to the real thing.
They also provide a great source of healthy fats and fiber to keep you full. Research shows that fiber helps decrease the risk of several chronic diseases, including stroke, coronary heart disease, hypertension, obesity, diabetes, and some gastrointestinal diseases. It also lowers cholesterol and blood pressure levels (1).
Studies show that increasing your intake of fiber also significantly enhances weight loss and helps reduce the symptoms of duodenal ulcers, constipation, diverticulitis, hemorrhoids, and gastroesophageal reflux disease (2).
Unfortunately, many foods that are high in fiber are also high in carbs. Therefore, many keto dieters find it hard to get enough fiber in their diet.
These cookies serve two purposes. They are packed full of nutrition and will help satisfy your sweet tooth!
Save this recipe by pinning this picture to your Pinterest board for later use!
Let’s Do It!
Add the dry ingredients in a bowl and mix well.
Add the vanilla, egg, and butter into the bowl and knead until a dough forms.
Add the chocolate chips and almond slices. Gently mix.
Use the dough to make 16 to 20 balls. Arrange on a baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes at 300 degrees F.
- Peanut Butter Coconut Flour Cookies
- Keto Peanut Butter Cookies
- No Bake Chocolate Chip Cookie Fat Bombs
Almond and Coconut Flour Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Combine the baking powder, almond flour, coconut flour, and sweetener together in a medium bowl. Stir until well-combined.
- Mix the butter, vanilla, and egg into the bowl. Knead with your hands to obtain consistency in the pasty mixture.
- Add the almond slices and some chocolate chips into the dough. If the mixture is still sticky, add more almond flour as necessary. Alternatively, you can cool the mixture in the refrigerator for an hour for easy molding of the cookie balls.
- Make 16-20 balls out of the dough. Arrange them neatly on the baking sheet. Set the oven to 300°F and place the sheet in for 20 minutes.
- Take out from the oven once golden brown. Let stand to cool for a few minutes then serve.