There is nothing like a good sloppy Joe. It’s messy, delicious, filling, and hearty. The problem is that most traditional sloppy Joe recipes are full of carbs, sugar, and other unwanted ingredients that make keto dieters cringe.
Our Keto Instant Pot Sloppy Joe Bowls take the carbs (and slop!) out of the Sloppy Joes. They pack all the flavor that you expect in a traditional recipe without making you feel heavy and bloated after eating.
For this recipe, you’ll need ground beef, olive oil, bell peppers, onion, garlic cloves, canned chopped tomatoes, chili flakes, mustard, coconut aminos, apple cider vinegar, erythritol, sea salt and black pepper. If you love ground beef, don’t forget to try these keto ground beef recipes we’ve made before.
We recommend using high-quality ground beef to make your meal taste fresh. Beef is an excellent source of protein, amino acids, minerals and B vitamins.
Using a brand that is grass-finished, organic, and pasture-raised ensures that your beef will taste great, contain no added antibiotics or hormones, and provide superior nutrition (when compared to conventionally-raised meat). There are many high-quality meat delivery services you can try.
The bell pepper in this recipe provides vitamin C, which is necessary for proper immune function. It’s also necessary for collagen synthesis, which is a protein found in your connective tissues that is responsible for keeping skin elastic and youthful.
Instead of sweetening our sloppy Joes with refined sugar, this recipe calls for apple cider vinegar, coconut aminos and erythritol. You can omit the erythritol if you are sensitive to sweeteners as the meat will be tasty enough without it.
This recipe also calls for multiple spices and herbs, which provide antioxidants and vitamins, You’ll also need chopped tomatoes, which are a good source of lycopene – a plant pigment that has cancer-fighting abilities (1).
You can make many keto recipes using instant pot. It’s incredibly easy to use, just follow the recipe instructions and enjoy!
Let’s Do It!
Blend the tomatoes, bell peppers, garlic, chili flakes, mustard, apple cider vinegar, coconut aminos and sweetener in a blender. Set aside.
Set your instant pot to “saute” and allow it to heat up. Add olive oil and wait until it gets warm. Then add the onion and garlic. Saute for one minute.
Add the ground beef and cook for up to 7 minutes or until browned. Break the beef up with a spatula while cooking. Turn the “saute” mode off.
Add the sauce and stir. Place the lid on and set the valve to “sealing.” Turn on “pressure cook” and cook on high for 15 minutes.
Do a quick release when done cooking. Remove the lid and stir. Serve in a bowl and sprinkle cheese and green onions on top. Serve with leafy greens.
More Low Carb Beef Recipes Using an Instant Pot You Can Try:
- Keto Instant Pot Beef Shawarma Bowls
- Keto Instant Pot Beef and Broccoli
- Keto Instant Pot Beef and Cabbage Soup
- Keto Instant Pot Spicy Butter Steak Bites
Instant Pot Sloppy Joes Bowls
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ½ bell pepper chopped
- 1 tbsp onion chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced (divided)
- 1 cup tomatoes fresh or canned, chopped
- ¼ tsp chili flakes
- 1 tsp mustard
- 1 tsp coconut aminos
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- ½ tsp erythritol
- sea salt to taste
- black pepper to taste
- cheddar cheese shredded for serving, optional
- green onion chopped (for serving, optional)
- In a food processor, blend together the canned chopped tomatoes, bell pepper, minced garlic clove, chili flakes, mustard, apple cider vinegar, coconut aminos and erythritol. Set aside.
- Turn the “saute” mode on your instant pot and let it heat up. Pour in olive oil and wait until hot. Then add onion and remaining garlic and saute for 1 minute.
- Add ground beef. Season with salt and pepper and cook while stirring occasionally for 6-7 minutes or until lightly browned. Crumble the beef with a spatula while cooking. Turn the “saute” mode off.
- Stir in the sauce. Put the lid on and turn the valve to “sealing.” Press “pressure cook” (manual) and cook on high pressure for 15 minutes.
- Once finished cooking, do a quick release. Take the lid off and give a good stir.
- Divide between bowls, sprinkle with shredded cheddar and green onion (optional) and serve with some leafy greens.