Beef is one of our favorite meats to cook in the instant pot. The steam really makes the beef mouthwatering and does not allow it to get dry like it does in other cooking methods.
We have made many keto beef recipes on our blog and we also like to think that beef and broccoli should be served together, not only because it tastes great, but also because it’s a nutritionally complete dish.
You might notice that many beef and broccoli dishes that are served at restaurants contain sugar sauces. Some even contain gluten to help thicken the sauce that it’s served in. This can cause digestive upset in many people, even if you aren’t aware of any allergies.
Our low carb Instant Pot Beef and Broccoli dish is a recipe that you will want to have on hand for the perfect keto lunch and dinner.
The flavors will marinate together in the fridge, so don’t be afraid to enjoy the leftovers for lunch tomorrow.
Beef is a great source of protein and micronutrients, especially zinc, selenium, B vitamins, and iron. We always recommend buying high-quality beef, such as grass-finished or grass-fed beef, as it is superior in nutrition compared to conventionally-raised meat. Check this list of online butchers you can try.
If you’re not sure what the difference is between the two, then you can check out our article here.
Broccoli is one of the healthiest vegetables you can eat. As a natural source of sulfur-containing compounds, broccoli helps naturally support your body’s detoxification process to get rid of toxins and chemicals that may otherwise accumulate in your cells and tissues, causing damage (1).
Broccoli and other cruciferous vegetables are also well studied for their ability to fight serious diseases. Specifically, broccoli contains a compound called I3C that helps inhibit the growth of cancer (2).
Other ingredients needed for this recipe include garlic cloves, fresh ginger, erythritol, sesame seeds, coconut aminos, xanthan gum, and olive oil. Simply throw all of these ingredients in your instant pot and sit back while it does all the work!
Let’s Do It!
Set your instant pot on the “saute” mode. Add olive oil and allow to warm up. Add beef and saute until browned on both sides. Take the beef out and set aside.
Saute the garlic and ginger for about 30 seconds. Then add ½ cup of water and scrape the bottom of the pot so that nothing sticks.
Add the coconut aminos, sesame oil, and sweetener. Stir and then add the beef back in the pot.
Seal the lid and make sure the valve is set to “sealing.” Press the “pressure cook” setting on your instant pot and cook for 9 minutes on high pressure. Do a quick release when the time is up.
Mix the xanthan gum with two tablespoons of water. Turn the “saute” mode on your pot again and add the xanthan gum mixture.
Stir and allow to come to a low boil then cook for 3 to 5 minutes or until the sauce thickens. Then turn the pot off.
Stir in the steamed broccoli and set sit for a few minutes. Enjoy warm!
Similar Keto Beef Recipes You Can Try:
- Keto Beef and Broccoli Stir Fry
- Keto Beef and Green Pepper Stir Fry
- Keto Beef and Asparagus Stir-Fry with Cauliflower Rice
Instant Pot Beef and Broccoli
- Turn the “saute” mode on your instant pot. Pour in olive oil and wait until hot. Add beef slices and saute for 4-5 minutes or until browned on both sides. Take beef slices out of the instant pot.
- Add ginger and garlic and saute for 30 seconds or until fragrant.
- Add in ½ cup of water and scrape the bottom of the instant pot, making sure that nothing is sticking. Add in coconut aminos, sesame oil, and erythritol. Give it a good stir and return the beef to the pot.
- Secure the lid on the instant pot and turn the valve to “sealing.” Press “pressure cook” (manual) and cook at high pressure for 9 minutes.
- Once the cooking time ends, do a quick release.
- Whisk xanthan gum with 2 tablespoons of water until well blended. Turn the “saute” mode on your instant pot again. Stir in xanthan gum mixture, let the mixture come to a low boil, and saute for 3-5 minutes Once the sauce is thickened, turn the instant pot off.
- Stir in steamed broccoli and let sit for about 3 minutes.
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds (optional) and enjoy! You can serve this dish with riced cauliflower, zucchini noodles, and avocado slices, or eat it on its own.