When it comes to choosing meat, beef is always a good alternative. It is a good source of essential nutrients, such as protein, iron, zinc, selenium thiamine, riboflavin, niacin, vitamin B6, vitamin B12, vitamin D, phosphorus, pantothenate, magnesium and potassium.
Besides being delicious, beef is lower in calories, fat, and cholesterol than other kinds of meat, especially if you use organic, grass-finished beef. See this list of online meat delivery services that you can buy from.
Beef is perfectly paired with vegetables. That’s why we choose it to prepare in our cabbage soup. It provides a gorgeous taste and light texture.
Beef enjoys rich seasoning. We’ve made many delicious low carb beef recipes you can check. Garlic powder, a bay leaf, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper are always a great addition to this soup. Have them on hand for all of your cooking needs!
For vegetables, we use chopped green cabbage and diced tomatoes. They are packed with phytonutrients, vitamins, fiber and minerals, which makes them a great addition to any diet. You can use fresh tomatoes if you want to.
Cabbage is well-known for its ability to fight cancer (1). It contains organosulfur compounds, which act as direct antioxidants in the body to reduce inflammation. Cabbage also has anti-platelet, fibrinolytic, immunomodulatory, and anti-aging properties (2).
Organosulfur compounds have also been shown to protect against neural disorders, including Parkinson’s disease and Alzheimer’s disease. They work by enhancing cellular antioxidant capacity and through the activation of pathways that control the expression of genes involved in the detoxification process (3).
In our recipes, we use the Instant Pot 3-Quart Duo Mini 7-in-1 which you can use to make soup, meat stew, pressure cook, etc…
Let’s Do It!
Set your instant pot to the saute option. Add olive oil and chopped onion into the instant pot and cook for up to 5 minutes.
Add the ground beef and set the saute temperature to high. Season the beef with salt and pepper. Cook for another 8 to 10 minutes. Use a spatula to break the meat apart.
Turn the saute mode off and add the rest of the ingredients to the instant pot. Stir.
Put the lid on the instant pot and press the “soup” button on the settings. Set the timer for 4 minutes.
Allow the pressure to naturally simmer from the instant pot for 10 minutes. You can do a quick release if needed.
Discard the bay leaf from the pot and serve warm.
More Keto Soup Recipes You Can Try:
- Instant Pot Broccoli Cheddar Cheese Soup
- Keto Egg Drop Soup
- Slow Cooker Cauliflower Cheese Soup
- Keto Bacon Cheeseburger Soup
- Low Carb Sloppy Joe
Keto Instant Pot Beef and Cabbage Soup
- Remove the lid from your instant pot and press the “saute” button. Add olive oil and chopped onion and saute for 4-5 minutes or until the onion starts to brown.
- Add ground beef, increase saute temperature to high, and season beef with salt and pepper to taste. Cook for 8-10 minutes or until browned and cooked through. While cooking, break the meat apart with a spatula.
- Turn the saute mode off and add all remaining ingredients to the instant pot. Season with more salt and pepper if needed and give a good stir.
- Put the lid on and seal the instant pot. Hit “soup” and set the timer to 4 minutes.
- When the time is up, release the pressure naturally for 10 minutes, then do a quick release if needed. Take off the lid, discard the bay leaf and sprinkle with chopped parsley before serving.