If meatballs were one of your favorite dishes before going keto, then you’re in luck today. Our Easy Instant Pot Keto Meatballs are the closest thing you will get to the traditional, carb-laden ones you miss eating.
Traditionally, meatballs are made with breadcrumbs, which helps the meat absorb all of the delicious ingredients you add to it. It also helps form the balls.
However, breadcrumbs that are made with enriched flour are highly inflammatory for most people. They are also full of empty carbs, which makes them off limits on the keto diet.
Our recipe uses almond flour instead. It’s a great source of fiber and healthy fats to fill you up, slim down your waistline, and prevent inflammation-induced brain fog. You can also try other low-carb breadcrumbs replacements.
Traditional meatloaf also calls for sugary condiments, such as ketchup and Worcester sauce. Some recipes even call for brown sugar. Our keto version of this recipe omits the sugary ingredients and replaces them with healthy ones, such as herbs, marinara sauce, and cheese.
Our keto version is so filling and delicious that you won’t miss all the carbs (or the way this dish always seems to sit heavy in your stomach after enjoying).
Ground beef is the perfect meat to use in this recipe. It provides a wide range of micronutrients, such as riboflavin, niacin, zinc, selenium, vitamin B6, and vitamin B12. We’ve made so many other low-carb ground beef recipes you can also try.
Beef also combines perfectly with other ingredients, especially vegetables. However, you can use ground turkey if that’s what you have on hand.
The Instant Pot is incredibly easy to use. We have tested many keto-friendly instant pot recipes you can try on our website.
Let’s Do It!
Combine the beef, egg, almond flour, parmesan cheese, and spices in a bowl. Mix gently with your hands.
Use your hands, a spoon, or an ice cream scooper to form balls with the mixture.
Pour the marinara sauce in the instant pot and arrange the meatballs on top.
Put the lid on and set the instant pot to “sealing.” Then press “manual” or “pressure cook” and set the timer to 8 minutes. Cook on high pressure.
When the time is up, do a “natural release” to release the steam for 5 minutes. Then do a quick release to get the rest of the steam out.
Remove the lid and stir. Add more cheese if desired and serve with your favorite low-carb pasta, zucchini noodles, or cauliflower rice.
More Low-carb Meatballs Recipes You Can Try:
Keto Instant Pot Meatballs
- In a large bowl, combine ground beef, egg, almond flour, grated parmesan, garlic powder, oregano, basil, salt, black pepper and cayenne pepper. Gently mix with your hands. Be careful not to overmix the meat.
- Shape into balls using your hands, a spoon, or a small ice-cream scoop.
- Pour low-carb marinara sauce into the instant pot. Arrange meatballs over the sauce, layering them if necessary.
- Put the lid on and turn the valve to “sealing.” Press “manual” or “pressure cook,” set the timer to 8 minutes, and cook at high pressure.
- Once the meatballs are finished cooking, natural release the pressure for 5 minutes and then do a quick release.
- Remove the lid from the instant pot and stir. Sprinkle with some more grated parmesan and chopped parsley (optional). Serve over cauliflower rice, miracle noodles, zoodles, or just eat on its own!