These Instant Pot Spicy Butter Steak Bites are the perfect appetizer to serve at your next gathering. However, they also make a convenient weeknight dinner when you’re in a pinch.
Kids will love their bite-sized appearance. It’s the perfect recipe to make the next time your picky eater needs some protein and minerals in their diet!
Bite-size beef cubes are the core of the recipe. Beef is naturally a rich source of protein, which is great for building muscle mass. It’s also a good source of many minerals, including zinc, which supports healthy hair, nails, and skin. This is why we’ve made many low-carb beef recipes you can try.
Zinc is also an immune-booster and has been shown to protect against infections (1). Research shows that it helps regulate proinflammatory agents in the body.
For the most nutritious cut of beef, go with grass-finished meat. Research shows that grass-fed animal products are higher in several nutrients, including omega 3 fatty acids and several antioxidant precursors (2).
Most grass-fed beef does not contain hormones or antibiotics, which is tastier than chemical-laden beef. It’s a good idea to make sure your meat is also organic and pasture-raised.
In our low-carb instant pot recipes, we use the instant pot 3-Quart Duo Mini 7-in-1. This model is ideal to cook for one to two people while the 6-quart and 8-quart models are intended for bigger families.
The seasoning ingredients are numerous: paprika, dried oregano and thyme, garlic powder, chili and onion flakes, erythritol, salt and pepper.
These seasonings provide antioxidant nutrients and vitamins. You can omit the sweetener if you’re sensitive to it as the meat will be flavorful enough without it.
Chopped onion and garlic are both for seasoning and improving taste. They contain vitamin C, dietary fiber, folic acid, manganese, and selenium.
Onions are an excellent source of prebiotic fiber, which has been shown to enhance immune function (3), while garlic has antimicrobial properties that fight potentially harmful bacteria in the body (4).
You can serve these steak bites with your favorite low-carb vegetables, such as sauteed asparagus or steamed broccoli. You can also serve them with toothpicks on a cheese plate for the perfect meat and cheese appetizer.
Let’s Do It!
Mix the spices in a bowl and sprinkle them on the beef. Toss to coat.
Set the instant pot to the “saute” mode. Add olive oil and allow to warm up. Then add beef cubes and saute for 4 to 5 minutes or until brown. Remove beef from instant pot.
Add garlic and onion. Cook for 1 to 2 minutes, until soft. Add water and stir contents with a wooden spoon. Add butter and return the beef back to the instant pot. Stir again and turn the “saute” mode off.
Put the lid on and set the instant pot to “sealing.” Press the “pressure cook” manual button and cook on high for 9 minutes.
When the time is up, do a quick release, remove the lid, and stir. Serve warm!
More Keto Beef Recipes You Can Try:
Instant Pot Spicy Butter Steak Bites
- In a bowl, mix all seasoning ingredients. Sprinkle the prepared spicy mixture over the beef and toss to coat.
- Turn the “saute” mode on your instant pot. Pour in olive oil and wait until hot. Add beef cubes and saute for 4-5 minutes or until browned. Take beef bites out of the instant pot.
- Add chopped onion and garlic and cook for 1-2 minutes or until soft.
- Pour in water and scrap all the bits off the bottom of the pressure cooker with a wooden spoon. Add butter. Return the beef bites back to the instant pot and stir. Turn the “saute” mode off.
- Put the lid on and turn the valve to “sealing.” Press “pressure cook” (manual) and cook at high pressure for 9 minutes.
- Once the cooking time ends, do a quick release, take the lid off, and toss the bites.
- Pour some cooking juices over the meat and serve immediately garnished with chopped parsley (optional).