Casserole dishes are the perfect food. Think about it. You put all of your ingredients into a pan and let the oven do the rest of the work.
For this recipe, we use our instant pot to cook the casserole instead of an oven. It’s a great way to prepare numerous dishes at once.
You’ll want to save this recipe for special occasions, such as Thanksgiving or your favorite holiday. It’s all of protein, calcium, and tons of flavor!
The primary ingredient in this recipe is chicken breast, which has a mild flavor that pairs well with the spicy jalapeno pepper.
Research shows that jalapeno peppers contain a unique compound called capsaicin that has anti-obesity effects. Capsaicin also has anti-bacterial, anti-carcinogenic, analgesic, and anti-diabetic properties. (*) (*)
One study found that supplementing with capsaicinoids may help reduce body fat and fat mass. (*)
Jalapeno peppers are also a good source of vitamin C, which is needed for immune system support, to promote wound healing, and to assist with the production of collagen.
This recipe also calls for cream cheese, sour cream, and cheddar cheese, which are good sources of protein and calcium. Additionally, sour cream contains healthy bacteria that help promote digestive health. Research shows that lactic acid bacteria, the type of bacteria found in sour cream, may help improve intestinal immune function (*).
You can enhance the nutrition of this dish by adding your favorite low-carb vegetables, such as green, leafy vegetables, broccoli, onions, cauliflower, asparagus, or zucchini.
The bacon, cheese, and chicken pair very well with broccoli! You can also enjoy this recipe with a side salad to get some greens in. Chicken casserole is a great meal for dinner and leftovers for the next day’s lunch.
Don’t forget to check other keto-friendly chicken breast recipes and instant pot recipes on our website for more dinner ideas.
Let’s Do It!
Combine the sour cream and cream cheese in a bowl. Stir in garlic and sea salt.
Grease a heat-proof casserole dish that fits inside your instant pot.
Place chicken pieces inside the baking dish.
Spread the cream cheese mixture over the top.
Sprinkle cheddar cheese, chopped jalapeno, and bacon on top. Cover with foil.
Pour one cup of water into the bottom of the instant pot. Place a trivet inside and put the casserole dish on top.
Seal the lid and set to “sealing.” Press “pressure cook” and cook on high for 15 minutes.
Allow the pressure to release naturally for 10 minutes and then do a quick release.
More similar recipes you can try:
- Jalapeno Popper Chicken Casserole
- Chicken Spinach Mushroom Casserole
- Mediterranean Pesto Chicken Casserole
Instant Pot Jalapeno Popper Chicken Casserole
- 1 chicken breast cooked & cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 jalapeno pepper chopped, seeds removed
- 4 oz cream cheese soften
- 1 tbsp sour cream
- ½ cup cheddar cheese shredded
- 1 clove garlic minced
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 2 slices bacon fried and crushed
- 1 tsp olive oil for greasing
- 1 cup water
- parsley or cilantro for garnish, optional
- In a bowl, combine sour cream and cream cheese. Stir in garlic and sea salt and set aside.
- Grease a heat-proof casserole dish that fits inside your instant pot with olive oil.
- Place chicken pieces into a baking dish and spread cream cheese mixture on top. Sprinkle with shredded cheese, chopped jalapeno, and crushed bacon. Cover with a piece of foil.
- Pour 1 cup of water into the bottom of the instant pot. Put the trivet inside and place the casserole on top.
- Put the lid on and turn the valve to “sealing.” Press “pressure cook” (manual) and cook on high pressure for 15 minutes.
- Once the time is up, let the pressure release naturally for 10 minutes and do a quick release if needed.
- Top with a few pieces of jalapeno, chopped parsley or cilantro, and serve.