Do you love casseroles? If so, you will enjoy this classic Chicken Broccoli Casserole.
This easy recipe only requires a few simple ingredients to make. All you need is cooked chicken breast, broccoli, sour cream, and cheddar cheese. For seasoning, you’ll need garlic, dry basil, and salt and pepper to taste.
Broccoli is an excellent low-carb vegetable to add to your keto diet. It contains a compound called sulforaphane that has been shown to prevent cancer (1).
Research shows that broccoli and other cruciferous vegetables contain a compound that turns off a gene called WWP1 that is known to cause many cancers (2).
The sour cream provides a creamy touch, and it’s also a good source of probiotics to help aid digestive health.
This delicious chicken casserole doesn’t take long to prepare. It’s a great way to prepare dinner right away. It also helps to make use of leftovers for lunch!
Alternatively, you can use leftover chicken or turkey as well!
Save this recipe by pinning this picture to your Pinterest board for later use!
Let’s Do It!
Start by preparing the oven and preheating it to 375°F.
Meanwhile, using a stove, put water to boil, and cook broccoli florets in. After five minutes, drain the broccoli using a colander.
Prepare the chicken by cutting it into bite-sized chunks.
In a small casserole dish mix, mix the chunks of chicken with the previously cooked broccoli.
This time, have a separate bowl ready to make the sauce. Stir together the sour cream, basil, and crushed garlic, then add salt and pepper to flavor. Using the sauce, coat the cooked broccoli and chicken with it and make sure to mix it well.
Finally, sprinkle over some grated cheese on the coated mixture and bake it for around 7 to 10 minutes. Serve and enjoy!
Easy Keto Chicken Broccoli Casserole
- 2 oz chicken breast cooked
- 1/2 cup broccoli cut into florets
- 1/3 cup grated cheddar
- 2/3 cup sour cream
- 1/2 tsp dry basil
- 1 clove garlic crushed
- salt and pepper to taste
- Set the oven to 375°F to preheat.
- Boil some water on the stove and cook the broccoli florets in for around 5 minutes. Prepare a colander to drain the broccoli.
- Cut the chicken to form bite-sized chunks.
- Transfer the chicken pieces to a small casserole dish mix. Mix in with the cooked broccoli.
- Use a separate bowl to make the sauce. Stir the sour cream, basil, and crushed garlic together. Flavor with the salt and pepper. Coat the broccoli and chicken with the sauce. Mix well.
- Sprinkle the grated cheese evenly on the surface. Bake for around 7-10 minutes. Serve and enjoy!