Red meat is something that tends to be controversial in some parts of the world. But if you’re on the keto diet, then you already know that pork chops aren’t something that should be feared! Our BBQ pork chops in Instant Pot will be your favorite meal to make.
In addition to being super versatile, easy to prepare, and virtually non-existent in carbs, pork chops often contain fewer calories than beef without sacrificing taste.
They are also an excellent source of lean protein, thiamin, niacin, riboflavin, vitamin B6, and phosphorus. Pork chops are a good source of zinc and potassium, too.
Many people focus on getting more vitamins in their diet, but minerals are just as important. Animal foods, including pork chops, are an excellent source of minerals.
Minerals are needed to make hormones and enzymes. They are also required for many metabolic processes in the body, including digestion, absorption, and metabolism.
Eating fresh pork instead of bacon, which is a processed meat and may contain harmful additives, is a great way to get many nutrients in your diet.
You can further enhance the nutrition of your pork chops by choosing grass-fed, pasture-raised meats. These tend to be higher in healthy fats and certain vitamins.
To flavor our pork chops, we use a blend of spices that are high in antioxidant and anti-inflammatory compounds. When paired together, the dietary fat from the pork helps you absorb the antioxidant nutrients in these spices.
Research shows that spices, such as the ones provided in this recipe, contain bioactive compounds that are beneficial to human health (*).
Although they are only used in small amounts, spices have been shown to contain antithrombotic, anti-carcinogenic, anti-sclerotic, antiarrhythmic, anri-rheumatic, gastroprotective, and lipid-lowering properties. They also help protect against radiation, allergies, and malaria (*).
You can serve these pork chops with your favorite low-carb keto-friendly veggies or salad!
Let’s Do It!
Combine all spices in a bowl and mix.
Coat the pork chops with the mixture and massage into the meat.
Set the instant pot to “saute” and pour in olive oil. Wait a few minutes until it gets hot.
Add pork chops and saute for 2 to 3 minutes or until the meat is brown. Remove meat.
Pour the chicken broth into the instant pot. Scrape the bottom with a wooden spoon, add BBQ sauce, and return pork to the instant pot.
Close the lid and set to “sealing.” Set the pot to “pressure cook” and cook for 10 minutes on high.
Let the pressure release naturally for 10 minutes then do a quick release.
Take the pork chops out and place on a baking tray. Brush with BBQ sauce and broil for up to 5 minutes to let the sauce caramelize.
Serve warm with low-carb veggies!
Similar Recipes You Can Try:
Instant Pot BBQ Pork Chops
- In a small bowl, combine all spices and mix well.
- Coat the pork chops with the prepared seasoning and massage it into the meat.
- Press the “saute” button on your instant pot. Pour in olive oil and wait until hot. Add pork chops and saute for 2-3 minutes or until browned. Take the meat out of the instant pot.
- Pour in chicken broth, scrape the bottom of the pot with a spatula or wooden spoon, add a tablespoon of keto-friendly barbecue sauce, and return pork chops back to the instant pot.
- Close the lid and turn the valve to “sealing.” Press “pressure cook” (manual) and cook at high pressure for 10 minutes.
- Once the cooking time ends, let the pressure release naturally for 10 minutes then do a quick release if needed.
- Open the lid and transfer pork chops onto a baking tray lined with foil. Brush with BBQ sauce and broil for 3-5 minutes to caramelize the sauce.
- Serve immediately with some green salad or steamed broccoli if you want!