This delicious beef omelet with lightly fried onions and a pinch of pepper is filling and easy to make. It tastes perfectly warm, but it can easily stand in the refrigerator overnight and serve as a breakfast to go.
Freshly ground black pepper can easily be replaced with more vibrant chili pepper or some other spices of your choice. Whatever you choose, we are sure you’ll love it.
Onions are an excellent source of prebiotic fiber. This means that they contribute to healthy gut flora, which is needed to maintain a healthy immune response.
Regular butter is a healthy and keto-friendly food that is perfect to use in different recipe preparations.
However, grass-fed butter is always a better option. It is a natural source of different vitamins and conjugated linoleic acid – a powerful heart-disease fighting substance. It can be quite tricky to find, but it’s definitely worth the trouble!
When picking out ground beef, go with a brand that comes from organic, grass-finished cows if possible. This meat will have higher concentrations of certain vitamins, omega fats, and antioxidants.
You can also add more low-carb veggies to this omelet to increase your vitamin, fiber, and antioxidant profile. Spinach, kale, broccoli, tomatoes, and mushrooms are great choices.
Let’s Do It!
Set a greased large skillet over medium-high heat. Stir-fry the onion for 2 minutes then add the butter to melt.
Sauté the ground beef in the melted butter and onion and set the heat to medium. Stir the beef occasionally, letting it cook for 15 minutes.
Mix the eggs onto the pan. Salt and pepper the mixture to enhance flavor. Stir well then allow to cook for a minute.
- Keto Traditional Ground Beef Chili
- Lettuce Rolls with Ground Beef
- Low Carb Nachos with Ground Beef and Guacamole
Ground Beef Omelet
- 7 oz ground beef
- 1/4 cup onions finely chopped
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 3 large eggs beaten
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- Grease a large skillet with oil and heat up over medium-high heat. Add onions and briefly stir-fry, for 2 minutes. Now add butter and allow it to melt completely.
- Add ground beef and reduce the heat to medium. Continue to cook for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Finally, add eggs and season with salt and pepper. Give it a good stir and cook for one minute.
- Remove from the heat and serve!