Never underestimate the nutritious value of ordinary things. We don’t always know everything about the food-stuff that seems common and boring. But the combination of ingredients may change that boring taste and bring life to an ordinary dish!
This is a story about eggs. Not usual eggs, but rolled eggs. How do you roll eggs? Make our Ham and Cheese Omelette Roll, and you will not recognize the eggs you are used to.
The smell of fried eggs is delicious. It will also make your mouth water and your house smell like Sunday morning!
We like to recommend that you use organic, pasture-raised eggs whenever possible. This ensures that you’re getting eggs that contain the highest amounts of omega 3 fatty acids and nutrients as possible.
The combination of butter, heavy cream and cheese makes this one tasty dish. Look for butter and heavy cream that comes from grass-fed cows if you can. You’ll definitely be able to taste the difference between grass-fed and conventional raised dairy products.
Also be careful when picking out ham as many brands contain lots of sodium, nitrates, and preservatives. We recommend buying an organic brand that does not contain added sugar or nitrates. You might want to visit your local butcher for the freshest cuts, but it will be worth it!
The dill adds color, aroma, and garnish. It also contributes to the freshness and taste of the dish while providing antioxidants to help combat inflammation.
You can enjoy this dish for breakfast or even as a snack. These roll-ups are perfect for both hungry adults and little fingers from children.
This dish is especially great if you’re tired of eating ordinal eggs and need a way to jazz things up!
Let’s Do It!
To make, crack the eggs into a blender. Add the heavy cream, and salt and pepper. Blend until everything comes out smooth. You can also use a bowl and a fork to mix this instead of blending.
Melt the butter in a stovetop pan over medium heat. Add half the egg mixture from the blender into the pan. Cook until the eggs begin to set.
Add two slices of cheese and two slices of ham to the top of the eggs. Cook the eggs a little longer until the cheese just starts to melt.
Gently roll the omelette like a wrap and set the wrap aside. Pour the other half of the egg mixture into the pan and repeat the steps. Add the cheese and ham, cook until the cheese melts, and gently roll the omelette. Serve hot!
You might also want to try:
- Ricotta Cheese and Parsley Omelette Rolls
- Egg Rolls with Spinach, Bacon and Avocado
- Egg Wraps with Shrimp Salad
Ham and Cheese Omelet Roll
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbsp heavy cream
- 3 slices cheddar cheese
- 4 slices ham high quality
- sea salt and black pepper to taste
- 1 tsp butter
- ½ tsp fresh dill chopped
- Crack the eggs into a blender. Pour in heavy cream, season with salt and pepper. Blend everything together until homogeneous.
- Melt a teaspoon of butter in a medium skillet. Gently pour half of beaten eggs into the pan and cook until just begin to set.
- Put 2 slices of cheese and 2 slices of ham on top. Cook just until the cheese begins to melt.
- Carefully begin to roll the omelette. Once you have rolled up the omelet, put it back to the edge of the pan.
- Pour the other half of beaten eggs into the pan, arrange remaining cheese and ham slices on top and roll the omelette when the egg is set.
- Transfer to a serving plate and serve immediately sprinkled with chopped dill.