You can’t go wrong with an omelette. Need a breakfast idea? Go with an omelette. How about a snack in between meals? It’s an omelette to the rescue!
Eggs are good for any meal. They are especially handy when it comes to cooking something quick.
There are people who cannot imagine their life without eggs. Then there are people who eat eggs very rarely. But everybody agrees that eggs are nutritious and fill you up.
They are loaded with nutrients, some of which are rare in the modern diet. Eggs are a valuable source of high-quality protein and lutein, which protects against the progress of early heart disease.
Be sure not to throw away the yolks when preparing an omelette as the yolk contains many nutrients, such as vitamin D. Egg yolks also contain healthy fats that fuel your ketogenic diet.
Eggs go really well with meat and vegetables. We love the addition of pork to the eggs in this dish!
Let’s Ketofy It!
You’ll need two eggs for this recipe. We recommend buying a brand that is pasture-raised and contains no added antibiotics, hormones, or other chemicals. Pasture-raised animal products tend to have more nutrients than conventional animal items.
Whipping together the eggs and heavy cream. We recommend blending the eggs and heavy cream in a blender to make sure its properly incorporated. Season with some salt and pepper.
In a hot pan, fry pork mince in olive oil for five minutes until brown. Add some hot sauce, salt, pepper and stew for one or two minutes. Set aside.
In another pan, fry the blended eggs with heavy cream until firm. Put the minced pork on one side of the omelette, top with shredded Cheddar cheese.
Fold the other side of the omelette and cover with a lid and cook on low until cheese melts. Serve sprinkled with chopped scallion greens.
We recommend enjoying this meal for breakfast to spice up your weekday or eat it as part of a breakfast for dinner night!
- Keto Ground Beef Omelette
- Quick and Easy Spinach Omelet for Breakfast
- Green Omelette with Avocado for Breakfast
Minced Pork Omelette
- Crack the eggs into the blender. Pour in heavy cream and season with salt and pepper. Blend everything together until homogeneous.
- Heat olive oil in a frying pan add pork mince and fry for 5 minutes or until browned. Add hot sauce, season with salt and pepper and cook for an additional 1-2 minutes. Set aside.
- Set a frying pan over medium heat and pour in remaining olive oil. When the oil is heated, gently pour blended eggs into the pan, cover with a lid and leave to cook until firm.
- Once set, add fried mince to one side of the omelette, top with shredded cheese and then fold the other side of the omelette over the filling.
- Cover with a lid and cook on low for additional 1-2 minutes until cheese melts.
- Transfer to a serving plate, sprinkle with chopped scallion greens and enjoy!