This tasty beef chili recipe comes from the southwest territory of USA and north of Mexico. This delicious food is considered the official dish in those places, and the main ingredient, beef, and the hot flavor and spices are important facts for this dish.
Some beef chili recipes have beans, which are not part of the keto diet. We have made this dish low carb with the addition of Tex-Mex hot flavor for you to enjoy.
The amount of chili and hot spices used in this recipe is entirely up to you. Add more if you like it spicy or reduce if you prefer something mild and not too hot.
Let’s Ketofy It!
Prepare all the ingredients before starting to cook:
Mince the garlic cloves. Chop the onion finely.
Remove the seeds from the chipotle chili (can be pickled, dried or fresh chili peppers), and cut up in little squares.
Turn the stove on medium-high heat. Pour olive oil in a large cooking pot (large enough to add all the ingredients).
When the oil is hot, add garlic and onion and sauté until it is soft (about 1 minute).
Add ground beef in and saute with salt and pepper. Cook it for about 8 minutes until the beef is browned.
Then add the chopped chipotle pepper in and mix very well. Proceed to add the tomato paste (or marinara sauce), beef broth and the rest of the spices. Add more salt if needed.
Let the mixture boil then turn the heat to minimum and let simmer for 20 minutes and stir occasionally. Add more water if needed.
Once done, serve with a low carb salad or leafy greens. Add cilantro, cheddar cheese and sour cream on top (optional).
Save this recipe by pinning this picture to your Pinterest board for later use!
Keto Traditional Ground Beef Chili
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 cup beef broth
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion chopped
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 chipotle chili fresh, pickled or dried, seeds removed, chopped
- 1/2 cup marinara sauce or tomato paste
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 tbsp paprika
- 1 tbsp oregano
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 bay leaf optional
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tbsp cheddar cheese
- 2 tbsp sour cream
- 1/2 avocado sliced
- In a large pot over medium-high heat, add olive oil in. Once the oil is hot, add minced garlic and chopped onion in. Cook until it becomes soft.
- Add beef in along with salt and pepper. Saute for 8 minutes until the meat is cooked.
- Add the chopped chipotle in and mix very well. Add marinara sauce (or tomato paste), beef broth and the rest of the spices.
- Bring to boil then simmer on low for 20 minutes. Make sure to stir occasionally to avoid burning and sticking at the bottom. Add more water to obtain desired consistency if needed.
- You can serve this with cheddar cheese and sour cream on a bed of leafy greens or a low carb side.