This crustless quiche is not only delicious and filling, but also amazingly easy to make – you’ll fall in love with it. It’s very versatile and the recipe can be easily modified to adapt to every taste.
It’s also very low-carb! One serving has only around 4 g of net carbs, while containing a good amount of vegetables.
Spinach is very rich in vitamin K, vitamin A and magnesium, while mushrooms are an excellent source of vitamin B2, B3 and potassium.
If you’d like to make a vegetarian version of this quiche, just skip the ham. Baby spinach can be substituted with regular, or even frozen spinach – if you’re cooking with frozen spinach, thaw it and squeeze it dry.
If you don’t have gouda at hand, you can substitute it with another similar cheese, for example edam, muenster, Swiss cheese or even cheddar.
You can also add zucchini to the quiche, another amazing low-carb vegetable – 100 g of zucchini has only 2.1 net carbs.
Avocado oil can be substituted with another oil appropriate for cooking (i.e. with a high smoking point), for example coconut oil, grape seed oil, etc.
Let’s Ketofy It!
Let the oven preheat at 200°C.
Crack the eggs in a large bowl and whisk thoroughly.
Throw everything in the bowl (except coconut oil) and stir well until incorporated.
Prep the pie plate with the oil, brushing all over including the sides to avoid sticking the quiche on the plate.
Spread the mixture evenly on the greased pie plate. Place in the preheated oven and bake for 35 minutes.
Let stand to cool for a few minutes before serving. Enjoy!
- Low Carb Crustless Spinach Quiche
- Keto Zucchini Cherry Tomatoes Frittata
- Poached Egg Vegetable Frittata
Keto Quiche with Ham, Cheese and Mushroom
- 6 eggs large
- 100 g feta cheese crumbled
- 60 g Gouda cheese grated
- 30 g Parmesan cheese grated
- 50 ml heavy cream
- ½ onion diced
- 100 g mushroom sliced
- 60 g baby spinach cut into small pieces
- 100 g ham cut into small pieces
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1/8 tsp salt (1 dash of salt)
- Pre-heat oven at 200 degrees C.
- Whisk the eggs in a large bowl
- Add spinach, mushrooms, onion, feta, gouda, parmesan, ham, cream and salt and mix everything well.
- Grease the pie plate with oil – make sure to spread it on the walls as well, so that the quiche doesn’t stick.
- Pour the mixture into the pie plate, spread it well and bake for 35 minutes at 200 degrees C.
- Let it cool for a couple of minutes and enjoy!